aspergers

JamesAnderson20

it's recently occurred to me, that I've very obviously always had something of this. i think what it means is that I won't ever be able to change, or that's at least what I'm afraid it means. the more that i'm aware of having this, i feel i'm losing the will to keep on trying.

Pookah

Nothing wrong with being somewhat autistic. I took my diagnosis to mean that I don't have to change....that I am who I am and I'm not wrong.

Felgen

Asperger's doesn't mean that you can't improve your social skills, so you shouldn't give up. Both John Carmack, Tim Burton, Heather Kuzmich and Bram Cohen (to mention a few) has the disorder.

Last edited:

emmasma

Nothing wrong with being somewhat autistic. I took my diagnosis to mean that I don't have to change....that I am who I am and I'm not wrong.

That is how I feel exactly! I have not been diagnosed due to cost, but am very sure I have aspergers.

I've been diagnosed with Asperger's and that's exactly how I feel. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just anxiety, or a phobia - something I could get over. But it's going to be with me forever, it won't ever go away. That really upsets me.

I think it means we have to work a little harder, but we have added gifts that others wouldn't be able to have even if they tried.

SilverFire

I think it means we have to work a little harder, but we have added gifts that others wouldn't be able to have even if they tried.

I don't think that I have it, but no matter what you've got, that's the right attitude! :cool: (Really, it's one of the few things that keeps me sane -- knowing that I've got cards others can't play and that's by design.)

Silvox Black

I would not be so quick to diagnose something as complex as Asperger's. If anything, I would receive an official diagnosis from a medical professional first. Even if you are diagnosed, that does not mean you cannot improve. The symptoms of Asperger's can be overcome with effort. My apologies if my encouragement seems cliche, but it seems I am forced to use them for lack of a better word.