aspergers/ocd/gender identity disorder

Yasmin

i can't handle everything i'm going through. right now my main struggle is with ocd, and i cannot stop my recurring unwanted thoughts no matter what. i can't get them out of my head these days, because they keep finding ways to pop out again. what's happening is that i'm a mtf transgender, and i cannot allow myself to think of crossdressers. i'm strict on gender, and i can't allow myself to think of it, but if it's in real life, it doesn't bother me. i also can't allow myself to make predictions to what will happen on the next episode of my favorite tv show, because i think there's a chance i'll be right, and then i think i'll have no reason to watch it. i think right now i'm so afraid of thinking the predictions, that i keep replacing those thoughts with the crossdressing thoughts. i can't stop. help!

Danfalc

Banned
What bothers you about the thought of people crossdressing?I mean is it really that bad if the thoughts do like pop into your head...Sorry if im not really understanding the problem very well.And what do you mean by your strict on gender if you dont mind me asking? :)

TheNewZero

What bothers you about the thought of people crossdressing?I mean is it really that bad if the thoughts do like pop into your head...Sorry if im not really understanding the problem very well.And what do you mean by your strict on gender if you dont mind me asking? :)

I second that. This is going to sound so nosy, but have you had any gender surgery? If it was recent, maybe that's why you're having these thoughts? But those kind of thoughts sound kind of common for people with OCD (I don't have OCD, maybe someone can help me out?)- having sexual thoughts about the gender you're not usually attracted to. I would assume that it would be doubly common for a transsexual, considering all the pressure society puts on you to begin with.

Morgan01

I know stress makes OCD worse.. maybe the stress of being transgender right now is making things harder with your ocd.

Bittersweet

I know this is an old post, but I wondered if others are dealing with gender issues, and they believe it affects, contributes to or causes their social anxiety.

Shant

I have gender issues myself; I won't completely jump on the transgender bandwagon yet myself (as an mtf transgender), but the gender dysphoria certainly doesn't help my mental state; I do best trying to distract myself from the gender dysphoria/shame/depression/etc... which isn't an easy thing, in general.

Maybe not social anxiety, but it contributes to my mental instability which is connected with the social anxiety.

Iam.myhair

I would pray for God's understanding and His help.
He has helped me in SO many ways it is unreal.
I'm sure He will help you too :) Just turn to Him and give Him a chance!
(it may work slow) but He always keeps His promise.