Army possible cure?

prince1

Im considering it, getting shot at, morters blasting next to you. How could someone who experiances that ever be scared of stupid things like SP suffers do. I also want to join not for the fact it would make me a more confident person but i just want to join because i feel my life will be crap without it or atleast the experiance.

Soprano

Prince, I thought about doing the exact same thing a few years back. I felt soft, weak and small. And I thought if I went into the army, although I was sure I'd hate it, that I would come out tough, a real man...

I didn't end up doing it, for the main reason being that I'm just a natuarally lazy guy, plu I couldn't stand the thought of being away from home.

Recently, I've been thinking about joining the police force. It's a career path, which gets you respect. For a guy with no qualifications whatsoever, who has nothing but a future of dead end factory work to look forward too, it seem's to be a real oppurtunity to prove myself, plus it'll hopefully toughen me up a little.

prince1

Soprano said:
Prince, I thought about doing the exact same thing a few years back. I felt soft, weak and small. And I thought if I went into the army, although I was sure I'd hate it, that I would come out tough, a real man...

I didn't end up doing it, for the main reason being that I'm just a natuarally lazy guy, plu I couldn't stand the thought of being away from home.

Recently, I've been thinking about joining the police force. It's a career path, which gets you respect. For a guy with no qualifications whatsoever, who has nothing but a future of dead end factory work to look forward too, it seem's to be a real oppurtunity to prove myself, plus it'll hopefully toughen me up a little.

sounds like a good idea, the only problem that i would get from joining the police force is like having to go to some strangers house on my own and take statments etc. That just seems more scary than chasing a criminal. I am farely lazy but if i get myself in the mood i can be the complete opposite, mabye doing the minimal (unless i liked it) would be suficiant enough to make me anxiety free.

asdfjkl

Hey guys how's it going... yeah I have SA... And I joined the army March of last year... Was at basic//ait from july-december in ft.leonardwood missouri... My MOS is 31b military police, my units deploying early fall of this year to the sandbox. Other than that right now I'm waiting on hearing back from the county to become a cop, I already took the written exam and wutnot now I have to go for the polygraph and wait for the background investigation... Anyways all I can say is the army has been great to me and I love it, it didn't change WHO I was just gave me a different outlook on life.

Soprano

Hey, that's great, asdfjkl. I'm glad it helped you out. Well, I sent off for a recruitment package for the police force last week, and they told me I should recieve it in the post in roughly 2 weeks time, so when I do I'll take things from there...