Are you the same online as you are in the real world?

Are you the same online as you are in the real world?

• Total voters

Lonelyheart

No, when I’m online I’m more genuine in some ways. I have abnormally softhearted feelings for nice ladies and I believe in true love. Because these somewhat effeminate feelings are frowned upon by American society, I do not express them in real life. In addition, my real self is more sensitive and nerdy than the person I am in the real world.

In the real world, I act much more stoic, tough, and manly. In fact, many men in the real world are, often, intimidated by me. I rarely show emotion and I don’t speak of loneliness, depression, or love. I don’t speak of my real thought in real life because I would be ridiculed if I did. For example, if I was to butt in during a typical masculine conversation and say.........

“Hey! I don’t understand? Why would you-all want to go to a club just because you heard the women there are “easy”? Why on earth would you-all want to have sex with random women? How could you engage in such an intimate act with someone you hardly know? Wouldn’t you rather wait till you’ve found someone you’re in love with?”

OR

“You’ve slept with 15 women in the past year! Yuck! That’s disgusting! How on earth could you be proud of that! I just don’t understand what’s so cool about being a male-slut?”

........people would laugh at me, try to beat me up, or try to insult me. Because of this, I usually just don’t say anything or pretend to understand their seemingly odd/immoral behavior.

I usually speak freely from the heart on this forum and others because I know it is anonymous and that I can leave if I’m embarrassed, ridiculed, or humiliated. It is also kind of interesting to see how people react to my real personality.

Moonie

I have met a couple people online in real life before. Both have said that I am nothing like what I am on the computer.

The first one said that I was so quiet compared to my online self (big surprise, lol!) The second one said "You are nothing like how you are online." And I said, "How so?" And then he said that I was much more "lively, hyper" than my online self. That came as a surprise to me. But, I guess it depends on what he has experienced before, I suppose.