Are you easily hurt?

Boundless

Hello all,i was just wondering if anyone else is easily hurt emotionaly?
It seems i take so much to heart that its so easy to hurt me in this way,can feel so bad sometimes you just want to curl up and die.There just words but they can cut far deeper than any knife,maybe im just to sesitive or something,its an easily exploited form of attack.Even if people dont mean things in a bad way i tend to take it like that and it really mess's up how i feel inside.

Some people can shrug bad words off and move on i cant i sit here and let it get to me all the time and tis not helping me :(

I do not feel as if i explained that the way i wanted but you get the idea fo what i mean i hope anyway.

redlady

Boundless you did a fine job of explaining yourself. I know exactly what you are taking about because i am the same. I don't show it though - i don't like to give people the satisfaction, but on the inside it is a very different story. I have no defences when it comes to harsh words and it prevents me from putting myself out there. Although i am not as bad as i used to be - slowly - slowly.

blubs

I'm very easily hurt too. Whats sad aswell is that I remember insults and critisisms from years ago. Critisism seems to have a very lasting effect on me...whereas I don't really remember compliments...if I've ever had any :oops:

PhantomPod

I'm kind of easily hurt too. I don't let it show though. Just when I'm by myself I'll feel sad. But I've been doing better about that lately and try not to let it get to me. I just like to keep telling myself that that person is a jerk and inconsiderate and I shouldn't care what they say.

lawyerguy

I"m easily hurt as well. Anything anyone says that I can interpret negatively about my character or competance I take personally. I know I shouldn't. But I do. And the worst part of it is, all the criticisms seem to last longer than the compliments. Or if someone gives me a compliment I'll feel good about it for maybe an hour or two at most then I'll forget about it. Or I'll think that they were only saying the compliment to be nice. But I'm constantly rehashing negative statements about myself from years ago. I don't know what I can do about it.

Lost_Nomad

me too I get realy uncomfortable about people critisising me, i used to get teasted too much when i was a kid. but i think its kind of going away. maybe i am getting better, or maybe i am getting realy realy worse.

lonesomeboy

i get easily hurt not by name calling or anything, but by personal comments or comments that exclude me from things...

e.g this guy at work is always d/l and burning movies for everyone that he likes, one day hes talking about some movie, and i ask him if he can burn it. he says "why would i wanna burn it for u?". that hurt pretty bad.

Angie_05

I am easily hurt too by little criticisms. I also think compliments are given to me just because people want to be nice.

Boundless

lonesomeboy said:
i get easily hurt not by name calling or anything, but by personal comments or comments that exclude me from things...

e.g this guy at work is always d/l and burning movies for everyone that he likes, one day hes talking about some movie, and i ask him if he can burn it. he says "why would i wanna burn it for u?". that hurt pretty bad.

I would probably started tp throw abuse at the twat,saying people only like him for his cd burning...but thats would just be my defense trying to hurt those who hurt me.

Neebo

I'm very easily hurt and offended too. Infact I would say I'm almost hypersensitive to comments that other people would easily forget or shrug off too. Also like Blubs said,I only tend to remember the bad and negative comments and not the compliments :x

JJenny

I'm easily everything when it comes to emotions and actually physical things too like foods, alcohol, it's like all my senses are really sensitive. Easily cry, easily feel love, easily feel hurt, I'm think we are just way way more sensitive than the majority of the population and until we accept how we 'feel' it's kind of held as a weakness in our beliefs, and in our beliefs of what others judge us as being. With social phobia we face our fears everyday, and open ourselves to so much even if it's painful! That takes some courage. xxxx

Boundless

JJenny said:
I'm easily everything when it comes to emotions and actually physical things too like foods, alcohol, it's like all my senses are really sensitive. Easily cry, easily feel love, easily feel hurt, I'm think we are just way way more sensitive than the majority of the population and until we accept how we 'feel' it's kind of held as a weakness in our beliefs, and in our beliefs of what others judge us as being. With social phobia we face our fears everyday, and open ourselves to so much even if it's painful! That takes some courage. xxxx

Yes,im not actually diagnosed with social phobia but agoraphobia but the 2 illness's kind of merge as far as people are concerned,i allways thought as a male i had to be strong and hide my emotions and act like a man,but thats impossbile when i feel things so much deeper than most others,it affects everything about me.

2QuietForThem

Lonesomeboy, what you wrote about the DVD burning really struck a nerve. I had to turn away from the screen after reading that. I’ve had similar situations so many times. I’m a 40 yr old man and I hide my feelings. As Redlady said, “I don’t like to give people the satisfaction.” So never let them see you sweat. It just gives them more ammo to say stupid things towards you. Also, I hope you never spoke to that guy again.

lonesomeboy

ye it was pretty bad. he probably was kidding about it, but nevertheless....

i guess i should not expect any favours really, as iam a sort "outsider" to the main group...i mean if i was in that guys shoes I might said the same thing...