Are you 13-18 years? Please can you help with a documentary?

JennyS

Do you have an anxiety disorder, and are aged between 13-18? By sharing your thoughts and experiences with me, you could help other young people in your position.

I work for Mosaic Films, which made the award-winning series of documentaries, Animated Minds. We have been commissioned to make a film which explores young people’s experience of anxiety disorders. Its purpose is to promote better understanding of these conditions, break through misconceptions and stigma, and enable those who suffer from anxiety disorders to speak more openly about their experiences. The film will be broadcast first on Teachers TV, then used as a tool for discussion and raising awareness in a range of educational, health and other settings.

For my research I really need to speak to young people aged 13-18, living in the UK, who have an anxiety disorder, to find out more about your thoughts and experiences.

At this point I am researching - rather than interviewing for - the documentary. I will be sensitive and respectful in our discussions and anything said will be held in the strictest confidence.

So if you would be interested in talking about your experiences with me, then please email me on [email protected]. Alternatively, please could you pass on my email to young people who may be able to help.

Thank you.

Jenny Saunders

[email protected]

www.mosaicfilms.com

sidney

hehe theres a comedian called Jennifer Saunders, any relation??

well im in Ireland so i dont think that'll help, but i believe this is a gd idea people need to know how much it can impact someones life & how common it can be in some people depending on the type
i'd love to see it sometime

hey

I am 16 years old and i have social anxiety. I developed anxiety when i was 9 years old...when my parents started fighting all the time and didn't let me go out. All they do is work and never care about anything that happens to me. They think that i am just being a teenager by acting the way i act..but if they knew...i am also depress...i want to die so bad. WHy am i alive? why why why...i am no good for nothing.