Anyone tried Prozac/Seroxat to sure this problem?

ninjabiscuit

Has anyone had success treating this problem with prescription drugs?

I tried Prozac for 6 months, which was fantastic but gave me massive stomach pains so I had to come off it.

I was recently given seroxat (Paxcil) but I was a bit freaked out by all the bad press. I gave it a go but only lasted a couple of days I felt so sick on it.

Anyone had any success? 8O

tucker

seroxat

hi there
seroxat worked big time for me.i have been on and off it for 7 years now.i am off it for 6 months now and wish to stay off it.there was no real side effects-i just felt happier and less prone to anyalise and self criticise.the first week of it going into system i feel queasy but it is a pleasurable feeling not a sick one.it helped me a lot

bem

i know im being bias here but my best friend died and i totally believe it was majorly down to seroxat (paxil) so obviously my advice is going to be to turn it down.
make sure you read thru all the info and stuff before you do decide...im sure it HAS helped an enormous amount of people but that doesnt help how i feel about it.
and i´ll do anything in my power to stop GSK.

emily

Personally prozac has never helped me because depression wasn't my problem. I was taken off of it and put on effexor. It's helping some, I've been on it for about 3 months which still isn't that long of a time. Most of my problems now is working WITH the effexor and putting myself out there..

Elkapath

ive been thinking about that drug seroxat you can buy it off the net but i dunno if its a good idear or not?? I did go to the doctor once but he just give me a number he did not help me so ive been thinking of buying the drug but i dunno what to do

carrie

Hello, i have tried prosac for about 4 months and i found that it heightened my anxiety but i did feel happier. after the 4 months it seemed to stop working and i was left with bad bad anxiety and the depression kicked in again. Im on my 15th day of effexor today. Fingers crossed

Anonymous

i was on prozac for 2months, i found it did help at 1st, it helped me feel better about the sa but it didnt take any physical symptons away, i also had side effects, massive bruises on my legs mainly just started appearing for no reason, i been off it for 2weeks and they seem to have faded now.

i wouldnt recomend it, gave me rage and i started to take it out on myself (more than normal) messed me up a bit.

xx

loucat

hi
i,ve been on Prozac on and off since i was 16, i'm now 25, it did help my anxiety abit as it made me happier and that in turn made me feel more confident. However i've just had to stop it because i started having really aggressive thoughts. My doctors now prescibed a beta blocker to help my anxiety, so i'll have to see how that goes

Anonymous

seroxat

:D Id like to say how wonderfull seroxat is it has helped me tremedously, i wasnt able to go into any social situation before or even work, i have taken seroxate for 4 years, when i stopped one time i had some small side effects but nothing realy to bother about, please please dont be put off by all these negitive feedbacks seroxate has realy saved my life

Anonymous

I was on seroxat for a year.. and it did help considerably.. besides the side effects at first.. I stuck it out and was able to do little things I never thought possible..even got out the house :eek:

um.. now ive just recently been put on prozac and I feel even worse! I really dont feel like myself. my head wont stop shaking which is worrying.
im giving it ago though.. few more weeks and im hoping for abit of relief.