anyone taking medication for sp?

blue

hello, ive just been prescribed cipralex tabs apparently for social anxiety, has anyone heard of these?
what are peoples thoughts on taking tablets for sp? am i being deluded for thinking it might help?!
It would help me to hear other peoples thoughts on this im abit anxiouse about starting to take them. :?

Blade

My doctor gave me , amongst other things , Cipramol , which started bad got better then after about 6 months got worse , then it was hard to come off them , since then i have not taken any medication

Blade

weedle

Paxil took the sa and panic completely away. BUt it's awful it makes you gain allot of wheight that's hard to get off. Effexor works just as well but it's like crack. MIss one dose and your sick as hell. Zoloft is nice and calm and easy but makes you gain wieght and want NO SEX. As for what you are taking I am not sure as I am in the states and it may be called something different or they just don't have it here. But I think it sounded like the new one my aunt is taking because Lexapro made her gain wieght. THis panic and sa crap runs deep in my family. My mom, grandma, great grandma and 2 ants have it. My step mom also has panic attacks REAL bad. Good luck on that. I have pretty much either been on everyone out there or know someone how is or has. SO if you need any advice let me know!!!!

blue

thanks everyone for your replies :D
i started taking citalopram tabs about 4 weeks ago, i had to stop them a couple of days ago i was soooooooooo sick!!!! so ive been prescribed these cipralex so far so good, though like some of you have said im worried about the weight gain side, i carnt stop eating :(
its good to know that some of you have felt benefits from taking them, i was hoping someone might say that! when your feeling sick everyday its good to know its for a reason.
thanx again everyone :D