Anyone seen 'One hour photo'?

recluse

I watched 'One hour photo' last night and i can relate to the character played by Robin Williams, not that i am a stalker o'r anything lol but i can reate to his feelings of loneliness and alienation.

Foxglove

Yes, I saw it, and I, too could relate to those feelings. But I was annoyed because people in films who are loners are always portrayed as stalkers, or mass murderers or something perverse like that. Like the fact that being a loner makes a person suspect. I find that to be pretty discriminatory.

recluse

Foxglove said:
Yes, I saw it, and I, too could relate to those feelings. But I was annoyed because people in films who are loners are always portrayed as stalkers, or mass murderers or something perverse like that. Like the fact that being a loner makes a person suspect. I find that to be pretty discriminatory.

That annoys me too! Whenever it's on the news that there's been a murder o'r rape, it's always assumed that it was ''the loner'', and the shootings which have happened in America are always done by ''loners'', when in fact many crimes such as paedophillia, rape, murder are commited by the 'apparently, nice family man'

I think that loners are seen by many people as bitter individuals who hate people, but that does not mean that we are psycho's.

IBM

recluse you look like Joao Moutinho.
JoaoMoutinho.jpg

Nah, I see more of Luke Wilson in recluse

One Hour Photo is a great film, and I also completely identify with Robin William's character to some degree.

Iseesky

SocialRetahd said:
exploding eyes.

I've never been so shocked at something in my life, and I love suspenseful movies :( I also related to the character. I like to put myself into situations which make me feel special. I wouldn't go as far as to stalk people though, or to imagine that I'm in their family.

tjdr59

Its been a couple of years since I have seen it but I felt the same way. I felt really disappointed in williams character when he started his rampage.
there are alot of movie characters I relate to like the Taxi Driver, Lars from Lars and the Real Girl, ok thats all i can think of.