Anyone made recovery with CBT?

aussie135

I am on the waiting list for a psychologist. I am going to see the psychologist I will be seeing for the CBT for marijuana abuse in 2 days and hopefully jump ahead on the waiting list.

Just wondering if it had an effect on anyone out there that has done it?

JonnyD

i don't really know, i just started with therapy yesterdey, but what i'm already perceiving is that the patient must have a enormous amout of will. I mean you won't go anywhere if you don't want, you need to keep a open mind, yesterday i was already dening things and looking for a way out,

whatever the treatment is i belive we should accept it with a open mind!

Tryin

hi. I never attended KBT myself, but I am a special pedagogy and psychology student and I do ABA and KBT with people with autism and KBT for people with asperger's syndrome. I surely can recommend it to you, saw it working well enough, and I am also interested in your experience, so if you chose to give it a try, I'd happily read a post about how it went.

with love,
T

I'm currently using it and I gotta say it's working better than any other aproach I've taken. I'm like half way through, got a long way to go but I have come a long way, I recomend it.

bleach

Banned
Lots of people have recovered with CBT, and most experts would tell you that some CBT is even necessary for lasting recovery. But I don't think CBT alone can help you, because you can't just think yourself into having social skills and confidence. it takes a lot of real-world practice also.