Anyone in the medical field here?

lonely_world

I'm thinking of going back to school to become an LPN, so i'm wondering if you are in that field, how do you handle it with sa? I'm really nervous because I know it is a highly social job, but I can't be a "loser" the rest of my life and blame my fear for never being successful. I have a huge heart, am very caring and very knowledgeable about healthcare so it seems to be a perfect match for me.

enchantress24

I think it's great that you want to do that. Nurses are in very high demand. I do think a kind heart is necessary as well as a very strong stomach. You will be seeing very disgusting things at the hospital. I did an externship while trying to get my certification as an EMT so I had to go to hospitals, conv homes, dialysis centers and you just got to be very tough to see that. By the way, don't be scared of having SA in this job. Most people you will see are very sick or dying.I don't think it will matter in that situation. Most of them appreciate someone taking care of them.

antipop621

I'm a grad student doing research on venous thrombosis, but I'm hoping to go to Med school one day. I spend all week in a hospital and I really like the energy of the place.