Anyone in or around Melbourne?

Giggity

It seems like everyone else is fine besides me. I guess that's because people with social anxiety don't go out much or they hide it. I just want to make contact with people around me that are in the same boat. I've never met anyone with anxiety or depression before. I read there was a meet up in Melbourne recenly, really sad that I missed out. It would have done me good. Are they a regular thing on SPW?

I'm writing this thread to see if there are any members of SPW from the Melbourne area. Also, to see if they want to talk on MSN or something, that would be good.

TAMPA-BAY

Ive meet many many people with anxiety in real life not necessary from this site but anyway meetups usually go very well. I actually run a anxiety group through a site called (meetup.com).
This is going to sound weird but shy people aren't shy when they are together.

The Nephilim

Hey Giggity, i'm in the CBD, started a thread for a meet up in Melbourne, didn't have much luck. Bumped it back up, hopefully it'll generate some interest. But, yeah, there always seems like a few things going on on the Meetup site.

Giggity

Hey silent singer. Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I saw your thread on it. I think it's a great idea. Count me in.

Blinkers

Hi Giggity, Jus and Silent Singer (again!)

Even though I'm a couple of hours outside of Melbourne, I would try my best to make it to a "meet-up" somewhere in or around town.

Working shift work makes it difficult to get up to Melbourne, but it would be nice to meet you guys.

So count me in!

The Nephilim

Hey Blinkers, how are ya?. I've posted a reply in the "melbourne meet up" thread, what are your hours, so we can try and organise it, so it's a good time for all :)

Blinkers

Hey Silent! I'm pretty good at the moment, hope you're well...

My hours are all over the place, night shifts/afternoon and morning shifts plus the majority of weekends. It's not ideal but it pays the bills!

Probably best to go ahead and organise something and I'll try my best to get there :)