Anyone in D.C. or Maryland?

nerdgirl178

Anyone from D.C., Maryland wanna get together? Email me if you are interested...

Last edited:

CrazeeTrain

Hola! I recently moved to southwestern VA from the Baltimore area (grew up there my entire life). However, I still frequently drive up to MD, as I don't know a single soul here! Next time I am headed that way, I will shoot you an email...

ImSoTired

Anyone from D.C., Maryland wanna get together?

Just the thought of meeting anyone here terrifies me...hehehe. I start thinking, "What if you're somebody I know? WHat if I went to highschool with you?, etc..."
Well I guess I might as reveal that I'm from Maryland which I think that's one reason why I'm feeling down...Md is not my favorite place.... I can be really critical and biased about where I'm at which I apologize. But there are those who either love their homestate or hate it. Someone told me that it's not so much the place because we have the ability to make the best of any situation no matter where we are..or something like that. I've been trying to keep this positive outlook, but ack! I can't stand still being here!

I wonder if anyone has visited a local support group in the area? I've been wanting to go to one, but I don't have the guts to step in. Oh yes...nice to meet you all.

ShyGent77

Maryland

This really isn't the best area to have social phobia. There are many nice people in Maryland/DC/Virginia, but I always sense a little "Dog Eat Dog" mentality in the area as well. I am originally from the Midwest, so I can tell that the rudeness level is turned up a bit here.

It is hard just taking the first step and addressing our problems. I am in a support group for panic attacks, unfortunately my social phobia keeps me from talking there most of the time :)

TheLoneWolf

You should at least post a pic of yourself if you start a thread like this. People want to know what theyre getting themselves into, especially with all the scams out there and what not. That being said, I'm from Baltimore.

SlipStream7

I'm at college in Meadville, PA and I live with my parents during break in Montgomery County, MD. Just thought I'd throw out my info if anyone ever wants to meet. Hit me up on aim if you're interested in chatting: SlipStreams7