Anyone here use medication for your anxiety/social phobia?

froghat

If so, when did you start to notice it was working? How did it help you? Currently I'm on 20 mg of Paxil and don't really notice anything different. Should I ask the dosage to be increased?

milo001

did the doctor prescribe it for you or you take it on your own?it's better if you take it only if your doctor prescribe it for you.

i'm taking medicine as well.dogmetil and roche.but i don't know what's the use of the medicine.

shon

I've been on 20 mg of Paxil for almost 3 mos. and it probably took 2 mos. for it to completely work. It doesn't make the sa go away but I don't feel so anxious around people now.

kyle

Banned
I wish more doctors would prescribe Nardil over the "newer" antidepressant drugs like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, etc. Nardil is by far, the best antidepressant medication to treat Social Anxiety.

autumn_82

Re: Anyone here use medication for your anxiety/social phobi

froghat said:
If so, when did you start to notice it was working? How did it help you? Currently I'm on 20 mg of Paxil and don't really notice anything different. Should I ask the dosage to be increased?

When I was on Lexapro (which didn't have any effect for me) my psychiatrist & psychologist said that increasing the dosage above 20mg isn't recommended. That it won't increase the efficacy, and if it's not working at that point, to try another med.
How long have you been on Paxil? I think I was told to try my med for 8 weeks to give it a chance to kick in.

froghat

I've been on Paxil for about 1 1/2 months and so far i haven't noticed any big changes. Maybe once I start doing CBT therapy with my therapist I will notice changes. My self confidence is so low right now, maybe I just have to take baby steps before I can see clearly either way.

villacjs

I suggest you got on the max dose of Paxil. My psychiatrist recommends that if you take a med you take the maximum dose.

Plissken

I've got an appointment in a week with a Psychiatrist. I'm so anxious about it. I've never taken medicine before for anything, and the appointment itself I'm worried about.