anyone have overbearing controlling parents?

Shonen_Yo

You should try and take control of your life one step at a time. Do your own laundry; make your own meals; clean up after yourself, most importantly, try to find a stable job.

I think once you do that, you'll be ready to move out on your own. Don't be impulsive, just take it one step at a time to reclaim your independence.

Emma

Yes....I think they are...I work in the same office as my Mum...top that one

DYiNG-iNSiDE

i live with my mom and on some stuff she rlly laid back but on other stuff,, oh lordy lets see dating she doesnt care,, she wants me 2,, skipping school noo no no she gets RLLY mad and unfair, drugs i always thought shed be RLLLLLY strict w/ but i guess after everything she went throught w/ my bother idk cuz she founds weed in my rm and wasnt even gonna say nuthin she just said that was my experimenting and no more. but god she so controlling w/ how much im gone its like she wants me miserable a t home all the timme i can go somewhere everyother wkend and if i dont 4 a while i can save em up so im gonna b home 4 the next few wkens i guess so i can "save it up" 4 spring break lmao oh and no matter who it is everytime i start 2 get a rlly good friend she finds some dumb thing that i cant hang out w/ them nemore 4! and she wonders y i dont tell her nething, cuz shell hold it agianst me!! she raised me 2 b rlly independant tho like ive done my own laudry since i can remeber and cooked my own food n stuff like that its funny cuz my brother moved in w/ our grandparents and hes gettin mad cuz our granny makes his bed and does his laundry and cooks homemade meals 4 him lol oh and she knows i have SA so shell make me do everything! like if i want her 2 order pizza 4 dinner i have 2 do it or ask some1 4 something or just stuff like that i guess shes trying 2 help but it just makes me miserable and i end up not getting want i want cuz i cant do it, that last things not rlly about strictness but oh well lol

maggie

tehStranger said:
i don't know, they're just a real drag most of the time.

maybe moving out is the answer?

yeah it's nice living rent free, having free meals and laundry done for you but living under their house can feel like a bleak opressive eastern european dictatorship.

no privacy to speak of. my mother simply doens't want me to grow up.
yeah, my mom especially...when i was growing up, she was very much a bully..loud, yelling, controlling, temper tantrums...i couldn't wait to grow up, move out...become the complete opposite of her..guess i got my wish..in a big way :roll:

thequietone

To begin everyone's parents are weird because no person is perfect.
My dad is pretty controlling, things have to be done a certain way and his expectations are really high. I understand now that it's because he was raised the same way. he's gotten better now but as a shy little kid he seriously scared the crap out of me with all the yelling and threats of violence. sometimes my brother'd get hit because he didn't listen. I was always sure to listen and do whatever he wanted because I'm a coward basically. All either of my parents had to do was give me a look and I'd start to feel all bad because I only ever wanted to please them. It's one of those traits I'm really disgusted with myself about. It's pathetic.
My mom is the nurturer, the one who's there for me, but she's also very good at instilling doubt and guilt. She's empathetic like me and made me extremely concsious of how people see me. She always says to put others before yourself and makes it seem like self-deprecation is a virtuous trait.
And also, I'm a product of both of them, so perhaps if I was raised by someone else it wouldn't matter! who knows. :roll: