Anyone have ADD/ADHD?

Quiet Angel

Yes. I've always had it. My entire life. However, I managed to overcome the majority of the challenges that I've endured. It's mostly manageable now. School was a tremendous struggle, work performance was a struggle too because I'd space out & co-workers would get mad. Infact, when I'd spend time with friends, they'd feel as though I'm "not paying them any attention because I wouldn't care", and they couldn't understand my condition when I made an effort to explain it to them.

There are several types of them, and I happen to have the "inattentive type", it makes me wish I could be this inattentive toward my social phobia. :cool:

danstelter

This is a really fascinating viewpoint because I have traditionally perceived that people with ADD/ADHD are rather impulsive/uninhibited and tend to have an easier time socializing than most because of that characterstic.

I'd be interested to hear more details about how this interacts with social anxiety, and if it is ever easy to socialize, or if the anxiety seems to take over? Does the anxiety simply affect social situations and the ADD/ADHD affect work/academic performance and not social situations? Just curious and be sure to clear things up if I have misunderstood in some way.

Noca

Banned
In order for someone to be diagnosed as ADD or ADHD they need to have had it present in their childhood. Since its not cureable that would mean that everyone who has ADD or ADHD has had it their entire life.

Miami

I have add. I hate it most of the time but when im in a social setting where I'm anxious, I sometimes space out and dont feel anxious untill I realize that i am spacing out. :)