Anyone FInd Cicadas Annyoing/Sensitive To Certain Sounds?

Foxface

I hear the cicadas all the time, usually when it's going to be a hot day. so loud and pierces through my ears. I have to block my ears when I here them, becuase I can't stand the sound.

They are saying "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

My father, for some reason can't hear them, but can hear everything else, such as apassing plane, or the washer/dryer upstairs. The level of sound spike is at least 85%, The sound spike level, indicates how sharp the sound is, like a ping, apposed to a muffle sound. The higher the spike, the harder it is, on our hearing, regardless of how loud it actually is.

A school alarm bell, is much higher then a ships horn. After a certain level, the sound will still echo in your ears for a little bit, after the sound has gone. The higher the pitch/spike, the longe it is.

When I look up cicadas sound, the seem to make a sound similar to that of what a rattle snake makes when it rattles it's tail, but here it is different, maybe it isn't cicadas. But it is loud, and cicadas are the loudest insect. YOu hear the sound, usually when it is going to be a hot day. It could also be that the sound encodes different when convert to digital audio. I will try it with my camera and see if I can capture it.