Anyone else finding excessive religion posts bit too much?

socratic

Is anyone else finding it a bit over the top with the religious posts lately? Personally i feel like non religious people are being ostracized, the only way to interact with any of the conversations is if its about jesus? The posts dont really make any sense, ive tried to interact. Theyre just quotes of what jesus said and people dont try to indentify it to their lives or discuss the issues, its quite odd, its like theyre preaching or trying to convert us or something.
I think its also causing segragation within the forum. Having a post thats titled, positive christian support only! OMG!, if i put up a post saying positive white support only, or positive gay support only, others stay out there'd be an uproar, whats wrong with 'positive support for all'?
I think its great that people have something like religion in their life, but every single day christians are flooding the board with 'their' belief systems and 'their' way of life. There are people in the room that arent christian, we're muslims, we're jews, we're buddhists, mostly we're just human and making outcasts of non christians, to me is very offensive. Have some consideration for others, a lot of people suffer from depression and reading the quotes of jesus day in day out doesnt help. Im not saying you cant post anything about jesus, but im finding it a bit overpowering, its like its getting rammed down my throat. Try mixing it up with a bit of humour? widen your horizons, discuss jesus for a few days then discuss maybe global warming, the starving people of the world, the new curious george film? Try to involve the people in the forum that arent white european christians.

Mary

Dear Socratic, I am sorry that you feel the way you do, but as for me, all the subjects I put about God and Jesus have been in the "OFF TOPIC" where it says we can talk about whatever we want. Or in the texts poems dreams and phrases. You have every right to put and express your own opinion's as well as I do. I put the "Positive Christian Support" because of a suggestion fr. Remus, (who is a moderator) to have a place where Christian's can go and not get attacked constantly by other people. People who aren't Christian but just believe in God can also post there as it states in the first paragraph if you go read the whole thing, as long as it remains positive and encouraging, not confrontational. For that we have zosima's Religious debate one. I and other's wanted a place where we would not be getting critizized all the time, but could just support ea. other and help ea. other.
If any of these posts offends or upsets you, I am sorry for that but the solution I would think would be to just not read them...exercise your power of choice.
My topics are pretty clear, I am not forcing my beliefs on people, when you see a post that says: "Sayings of Jesus" you know what its about, when you see a post that says: "Positive Christian support" you know what its about..do you see what I mean? If you don't agree or dislike the topic you know fr. the subject line then don't look at it. I also post on the main forum and offer help to people and yes sometimes mention God like others mention thier beliefs, because He is what Has helped me and who has Saved my life. I don't see how sharing that is so offensive but if it is then please don't read it. Other people are finding it helps them and so I think its a good thing for those who want to know about such things. Again, I apologize to anyone who has been offended, that is not my intent, we are all here to help ea. other any way we can (I would hope) and if my subjects are offending you then please don't read them..but they help others or so I have been told... I don't read the posts I know I will find offensive or will dislike. So please do the same. :)

socratic

You dont seem to understand the issue im raising. Im not saying that religious posts shouldnt be allowed, its just that theres nothing but religious posts. Lets say it wasnt religion, but maybe football (soccer). If people talked about football, theres nothing wrong with that. But if, suddenly, every single day, all there was was football talk, then i think that people could find it a bit repetitive, especially if they dont like football. Eventually someone is going to address this and say, cant we talk about something else a little bit?
It seems to me that everytime someone posts anything that isnt religious, it gets automatically knocked down the post list and gets no replies. And it seems that most of the religious posts arent actually saying anything, like maybe people are posting them as soon as they see a post that isnt religious to make religion the only main topic in the room. I think its good to respect and consider others that use the off topic posts. Thats all im saying, im not disrespecting your gods or yourselves, but all religious people have other interests in their lives other than religion and i think its strange that they never bring these interests up so others in the room can be involved.
I know ill get hated for what im saying, but its very important that others are respected and considered. We'd all like to think only of ourselves and our own interests, but im thinking of other people in the room that may want to talk about other topics as well as religion. If everyone else is fine talking only about christianity then thats fine and theres no problem.
Thanks, im done, you may now cast your curses and insults at will.

Mary

Dear dear Socratic, when have I or any other Christian on here cursed at you? If any of them have, I apologize on their behalf and they are not real christians then. I do not hate you either. :( I even agree w/some if not all of the stuff you say! I also pray for you along w/the other people on here that God will greatly bless you and help you in every aspect of your life. So, please don't think I'm sitting here plotting ways to curse you or destroy you! 8O Because I'm not. I don't think I'm better than you or anyone else, in fact if we were to compare pasts mine would probably be much worse. I know where I have come from and where God has brought me to now.
So that said I have also made quite a few other posts that don't have to do w/religion: I have posted on the jokes one, on the favorite movies one, I have even made a pretend trip and invited people to join and play along..I have asked people their ages and how long w/Sp?..I have posted things about bananas (they do help btw,) the list goes on..I haven't just posted about God. But people are interested in Him and like reading about Him, (even if it is just to fight and debate Him) :( Most of my other posts are gone now as people have responded more to the one's about God.
Like I said before, if you don't like them..if you don't agree..then please please please..DONT READ IT!!! Exercise your free will to choose and pick what to read. There are many many things that I don't read either, trust me. I'm not posting something new about God every day most of the time I am replying to something that has been there awhile. Take care o.k and despite our differences please know I do not hate you or even dislike you at all!!!

Meow

n/m don't want to offend anyone but... I guess I find them a bit much but then I just don't read them. The only one that really annoyed me was about the DaVinci code cuz it was a freakin FILM. I wanted to review it but was afraid of upsetting the "religious" people on here.

Meow said:
n/m don't want to offend anyone but... I guess I find them a bit much but then I just don't read them. The only one that really annoyed me was about the DaVinci code cuz it was a freakin FILM. I wanted to review it but was afraid of upsetting the "religious" people on here.

There have been posts on the Christian's views of the film, and so I don't see why you can't post your views, I watched it last night and really enjoyed it :)

B

Re: Anyone else finding excessive religion posts bit too muc

socratic said:
every single day christians are flooding the board with 'their' belief systems and 'their' way of life. There are people in the room that arent christian, we're muslims, we're jews, we're buddhists, mostly we're just human and making outcasts of non christians, to me is very offensive.

Are you kidding me? Who the hell is making outcasts of anybody? You're actually OFFENDED by christian posts? I'll leave the word "bigotry" out of this conversation, but I will point out that there are very few threads with any religious theme, and since those few that are religious make that clear in the name of thread, it's easy for you and the muslims, jews and buddhists you mention to avoid it if they feel they might be offended. If 'they' cope better with 'their' shyness and 'their' anxiety by celebrating 'their' beliefs together on this board then more power to them. I have found nothing offensive in any of the christian/religious based threads nor have I found anything that would exclude anybody else on this forum.

And what's this about WHITE EUROPEAN CHRISTIANS? OK, maybe there IS a place for the word 'bigotry' in here.

GIOLANDA

Meow said:

8O But why,we've got democracy,you can post whatever you want! We don't bite anyone! Christian posts are peaceful,don't see them as threatening!

socratic

Re: Anyone else finding excessive religion posts bit too muc

B said:
socratic said:
every single day christians are flooding the board with 'their' belief systems and 'their' way of life. There are people in the room that arent christian, we're muslims, we're jews, we're buddhists, mostly we're just human and making outcasts of non christians, to me is very offensive.

Are you kidding me? Who the hell is making outcasts of anybody? You're actually OFFENDED by christian posts? I'll leave the word "bigotry" out of this conversation, but I will point out that there are very few threads with any religious theme, and since those few that are religious make that clear in the name of thread, it's easy for you and the muslims, jews and buddhists you mention to avoid it if they feel they might be offended. If 'they' cope better with 'their' shyness and 'their' anxiety by celebrating 'their' beliefs together on this board then more power to them. I have found nothing offensive in any of the christian/religious based threads nor have I found anything that would exclude anybody else on this forum.

And what's this about WHITE EUROPEAN CHRISTIANS? OK, maybe there IS a place for the word 'bigotry' in here.

you're rude
you dont even know my name, you have absolutely no right to call me a bigot. I find that highly offensive.
If you actually read what i wrote you'll see that i had to repeat myself and explain that the issue i was raising was, i was bored at the same conversation going on for two weeks straight. Its nothing to do with religion, christianity jesus or anything like that. As i said it could have been football and i would have said the same thing.

Danfalc

Banned
Sadly yes.. i dont believe in god.. but i dont push that in other peoples faces and i keep an open mind about other peoples beliefs.I actualy find it intresting to listen to other peoples beliefs be it christian buddishm cos i cant claim to know anything for sure.

And please dont think im having a go at the people who choose to post about there religion as thats not the problem and everyone is free to post and talk about what they want.

Whats getting to me is the fact these posts are turning into endless pointless arguments... with people trying to push there views on people (whatever those views maybe) without valid points.
And its just sad to see people who normaly would be supporting each other argueing over somthing that is a matter of personal opinion/faith, and when you get past the nitpicking.. cant be proved one way or the other.

LA-girl

Danfalc wrote:
And its just sad to see people who normaly would be supporting each other argueing over somthing that is a matter of personal opinion/faith

I just wanted to let everybody know that the people I'm debating on the religios debate topic are not my enemies! Yes, there was a period of time where I felt attacked and I was sick and tired of arguing. But we agreed to shake hands, so that's all in the past now. I have even been chatting with a couple of them on IM's, even my worst opponents. So we are rather friends than enemies! :lol:

Danfalc

Banned
I can see why people argue over this btw. im not trying to make anyone feel like im looking down on them for doing it.. im ashamed to admit ive lost my temper over really little things and been out of order i defo aint perfect.So when it comes to peoples beliefs about things such as there views on life i can see why it gets hectic.

Im not saying the debate should not carry on or these sort of posts shouldnt be allowed, just all of them end up getting tense argumentative and quite personal most of the time.. thats why i never join in on them just my opinon im not trying to tell anyone what to do or to stop these posts just my 2 cents is all.

LA-girl

Danfalc wrote:

Im not saying the debate should not carry on or these sort of posts shouldnt be allowed, just all of them end up getting tense argumentative and quite personal most of the time...

Speaking of the "Religious debate" thread: Maybe it looks like we are fighting at times, but speaking for myself, and as far as I understand my opponents, it is definately not a tense argument. Most of the time we just share our views with a
:wink: and a :D!!

Mary

Socratic, I have a question for you that hopefully you won't ignore..I have noticed you put quite a few things on the "RELIGIOUS DEBATE" post and mention several times this guy: Jiddu Krishnamurti, that you seem to follow..You also mention him several times on other posts including one about his views on fear..Which reminded me why I put the sayings of Jesus one, because I saw your: JIDDU KRISMANURTI ON FEAR one. I thought hmm.well I would like to post what Jesus has to say about some things too.. So actually you were my inspiration in a way. :wink:
This is the question, "IS IT RELIGION POSTS THAT BOTHER YOU OR JUST MY RELIGION POSTS?" Seriously, because if they bothered you so much I don't understand why you post on them and also about this Jiddu guy, which btw you posted before I ever put anything about Jesus..Hmm, I'm sorry but that sounds a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If I had posted about this Krishnamurti guy would we ever have had a problem? I wonder..
Oh and before you say, he isn't religious, I looked him up and also what he said his beleifs are, he is a Theosophist, and the definition of a theosophist I found is this:

THEOSOPHIST:
"The theosophist is one who gives you a theory of God, or of the works of God, which has not reason, but an inspiration of his own, for its basis." by
R.A. Vaughan

One last thing, the "white european" christians comment did come across as a bit racist..sorry but it did sound that way. You don't know me or my race and I really don't even see why you felt you had to make that particular comment at all. I am not insulting you, if You think I am insulting you then I am sorry but I am just telling the truth..and asking a very valid question. :?
Again not trying to offend just trying to understand..

cLavain

LA-girl said:
Speaking of the "Religious debate" thread: Maybe it looks like we are fighting at times, but speaking for myself, and as far as I understand my opponents, it is definately not a tense argument. Most of the time we just share our views with a [/b][/color] :wink: and a :D!!
Yeah, seems to me most people are pulling the punches on this forum. Of course, a little bit of action is fine, if for no other reason than to entertain Dzerklis. He's from Latvia, you see... :lol: J/K