anyone else feel like this

why_do_I_try

after reading what other people have said it seems to me that most of us want to meet new people and be outgoing yet cant because of SP. this is one of my problems as i really hate it when im on my own for long and i cant stand not being around people yet when i am im really uncomfortable. this drives me crazy :x because it seems like theres no way of winning. anyone else feel like this :?:

SilverLiner

lol I know what you mean. I always complain of being alone and the moment I get invited to something I always think 'I cant be arsed...I'll have to talk to new people'.

We work in weird ways :wink:

Sue

all my life. too scared to go up to people bacause i always felt like i would be bothering them. i forget that not all people are shitheads like that. its hard to forget the way i was left behind by people i was once realy close to. keep going.

Kalima

Actually I really understand what you're saying. I guess we get this feeling because of conflicting feelings and motives. We feel uncomfortable when we're around people because we want to give good impressions but don't believe we can do so and thus become anxious in social situations. on the flip side, we might become unsettled when we're alone for too long because we might keep thinking "man I should really get out there, face my fears and be around people". So it's kinda complicated you see.

thugaveli

Peoples behavours and the way they interact tend to get analyzed by us and it has some effect especially with me anyway
This happens i think because we assume people are analyzing us when in actual fact that part of their brain is dormant whereas ours is hulka-mania!

Our active minds....... :roll:

We can be intimidated by small things from a person such as, their stare, their smile, their laugh, their voice even so theres no wonder we dont want to interact

Watching how other people behave just makes me feel like an outcast