Anybody using benzodiazepines.(klonopin,xanax,alprazolam etc

ikemikes15

If u r using benzodiazepines how many mg do you take to get you out and more confident.

right now Im on 0.5 mg but it's not working

Yvonne

I'm taking 0.5 Ativan and I really wish the doc would up it... mines don't do the job either :? I've been taking it for about a year now.. (that probably explains why they don't work anymore!)

Danfalc

Banned
Im on diazipam.. i have to take two 5mg tablets.Im not cured by them by any means,but they calm me down enough to be able to cope with things i would otherwise find 2 stressfull and stop me being a useless nervous wreck all day.I cant/dont take them on a regualr basis tho cos its easy to build up a tolerance and get addicted.

Ive heard alot of good stuff about Klonopin.. but my shrink wont consider anything apart from anti depressants saying its addictive and cant be used for long term use so theres no point.. how have you guys found using it? And did ya have simlar problems getting on it?

Danfalc

Banned
Thanks for the reply mick.His word is basicaly final.. i do try and push for certain things with him if i feel it will help and its like a fight with him about everything,hes quite an old doctor and hes kinda stuck in his beliefs i think :? So yeah i dont really have much of a choice in the matter.. hes often writing my perscripriton for me before ive walked in the room and keeps shoving me on the latest anti depressant,hes even put me on physcotic drugs 8O

Ehsan

Mediacation Algorithm for SP

I started klonopin with 0.25mg/day dosage and i found it helpful. There are several other medicines that are approved and can be used with klonopin to treat SP. There is a through detail for available medication algorithms for SP at http://www.socialfear.com which may help you.

Ehsan

As I said before the mentioned URL(http://www.socialfear.com) has analyzed the various types of meds (Benzodiazepines, MAOI's, TCA's, SSRI's ,...) that are available in the SP case. Side effects are also mentioned. A quick glance in this article and similar ones reveals that klonopin is the most optimized (greatest effect while least side effects) for SP treatment. I think that Doctor's experience has also a great role in the case of mental diseases and it is recommended somewhere to ask your doctor if he or she has helped other people with SP.

But about myself. I deal with a very severe SP. My sleep was something similar to a calamity. I chose klonopin and prozac(flouxetine) by myself because I wasn't courageous enough to visit any doctor.
Now my sleep is normal. Of course I use klonopin at night and I haven't tested it at any other time. So I can't predict what would be happened if I quit it.
Also I can leave home easily now and manipulate my works which was a hardship for me before.
Physical symptoms are also reduced and I'm able to control my motions (head,eyes,trembling, … ) better than ever when I'm anxious.

At the end I think klonopin or similar meds can't cause any miracle. They only help to control our anxiety and it is a precious opportunity to change our taughts and improve our attitude with therapy or self-help methods.

Also this is a self-help guide which may be helpful:
http://www.nnt.nhs.uk/mh/leaflets/shy A5.pdf