anybody like me?

bashfullme

:) for years iv suffered from anxiety panic attack,s,time,s of wanting to stay in and avoid people,sometimes it,s worse than other time,s, alot of the time im my own worst enemy,i plod on regardless,even thougth it can be a struggle at times, despite this i have 3 lovely kids, whom im really proud of, and are doing great,and have a partner,but he lacks understanding,i do go out pub,s clubs,to let my hair down, even though it,s not easy, when i go out at night i feel ,i guess it helps to wind down with a drink or two, it,d be nice to meet people similar to myself,and who would like to make new friends to chat and maybe sometime meet up, and share experiences, female age 34.

Meow

I'm a lot like you, although i'm 23 and have no kids! But we sound very similar :) Oh yeah, I am from England but I live in America now.. so i guess this doesn't help :(

regulos

I had a PA 2 years ago.Have always been a slightly nervous person at times,but still i had/have a good social life (a drink helps).
I'm your friend,no worries :D

miss_amy

Hi there,

We are similar in age. I am 33 and I have 3 children. My partner does try to be understanding though does not always understand. I don't have panic attacks anymore, well not very often as I've learned to control them, but I still feel really bad going out and being around people. I have good patches like now where I'm out and about working and most people probably wouldn't realise I have a problem, although I still feel the anxiety. Then there are the times where I won't leave the house at all.

I'm not really a nightclub person, but do go out with friends sometimes. I find it really hard. My close friends know I'm not comfortable so that makes it a bit easier and not so embarrassing if I go home early. I prefer to do other stuff, cinema, meal out etc or a quiet drink in a quieter place. I find drink makes me feel out of control rather than calming and loud music and men sliming all over me sure does make me nervous! Maybe I'm unrealistic but that's what my (distant) memories of clubs are!