Anybody Been On Citalopram?

Soprano

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you guys have had experience with Citalopram, for depression?

I went to my doctor's a few months ago, and he gave me a prescription for 10mg Citalopram, 10mg being the lowest amount there is.

Has anybody else taken this and feels it helps them?

okkamsrazor

Yeah Ive been on Citalopram, my dosage went up to 30mg over 9months but ended up doing nothing for my SP :evil: Its used mostly as a anti-depressant. I came off it cuz I wuz gettin crazy pressing headaches and also, as a side-effect, I believe it stopped me from doing stuff I was into (graffix, art etc).When i say "stopped me" I mean it reduced my artistic flow by a massiv degree. I just didnt feel creative & couldnt be bothered with it anymore.
On the other hand Citalopram could help you; it just depends on how you react to them.

redneck

To me it was the worst drug ever prescribed to me for my severe Social Anxiety.Due to that medication I broke my records of sleepless night. I managed not to sleep for 7 night in a row, sweat a lot and I did not feel eating at all . I went to the doctor with complaint and he advised me to come off it. Horrible experience.
But funny thing is that I was on Paroxetine, which is SSRI as well, for a while and I did not have so much problems with it.

sin

ive been on 7 different medications including ciprolam, the 1 im on now is cipralex it 10 times better and its the only 1 thats worked for me . its the new drug made by ciprolam

alumnidogg

I'm on Citalopram at the moment, its been fine with me apart from some slight "shock" sensations when I've missed a day. It seems to make me a lot more forgetful though, which is a problem for me as I was hopelessly muddled before I started the medicine!

What has it done?, I feel it's calmed me and helped to ease my destructive, negative thoughts, and it complements the work I do in therapy challenging the negative assumptions about myself. I can't see what use it would be without me being in CBT at the same time though..

On the other hand, my work colleague has just started on it for depression and it's sending her round the bend.. so I guess it's not for everyone.