Anybody able to lead a sccesful life with the help of meds to diminish anxiety/dep.

joey_122

I am currently a student who recently discovered how helpful anti depressants can be since using them for the past 2 years feel a world of difference i am more productive more social and more focused however theese things do not last and unfortnately i have had to try more than one and continually up the dosage my question is have you been able to achieve most of the things in your life in spite of this anxiety problem, career wise relation ship wise etc.?? I am studying to become a civil engineer and thats one of my biggest fears is that it will ruin my career. I am currently taking cymbalta 120 mg cause the 60 mgs pooped out before that on pristiq.

this_portrait

Therapy in combination with medication usually proves to be the best treatment method, especially for anxiety. It is indeed possible to live a successful life despite anxiety and depression; it's all about finding a treatment method that works for you and sticking with it (either temporarily or permanently, depending on how severe your depression and anxiety is).

lonelypothead

SSRIs won't solve all your problems but they make getting your life together much easier. Before I started prozac I was a miserable, suicidal drug addict. I've been on it for almost three years and I'm now productive and happy for the first time in my life.

doesit

im on xanax for over 6 months,life wise im better in social situations,can have a chat no blushing or sweating,but also i started to release some of the anger that was trapped inside of me and deal better in stressful situations,but its only a cover up,it gives some new lessons how to cope with certain situations and react but at the end it only covers your personality.