any one here become jobless because of social phobia ? why?

I had to stop my internship 3 years ago because of social phobia, it was nearly the end of me. Haven't been able to get a real job either.

Still trying to fix it. I've noticed that taking small, but strong steps into the right direction seem to help. I use my therapist to discus the next step. Do what you can without becoming overwhelmed. That's how I'm trying to do it.

Be proactive, but don't rush it. :3

Oh yeah, I definitely feel you here. I graduated from a good University with flying colors, and yet I can't get a job because my SA makes me seem mentally retarded ::(:. For me, getting a job and functioning is one million times harder than conquering college. Academics has always been a piece of cake for me. My family doesn't understand this. They assume because I'm a 4.0 in school that I'm gonna be that way in life. I have applied to so many jobs, and yet I have no luck because I have no real skills or that "extra umph" that it takes to get a good job in this economic depression. At least this is the state of things in the US. Is it this dire in the rest of the world????

Last edited:

HopelessStranger

Social phobia destroyed my proactive life. I barely go outside when I want to because If I'm alone I feel judged by strangers. If I knew everyone in the world I would be a superstar.

Last edited: