any cure for blushing?

Iseesky

Nope! Not as of yet...the only thing that I find that helps is always stay cool. Don't wear a sweater over your t-shirt unless you're freezing. I feel like whenever I'm comfortably warm, my blushing is much worse. But, it's not so bad when I'm cool/cold.

TubalCain

Paxil stopped my blushing for about 10 years but stopped working about a year ago. Since then I've tried other SSRIs, beta blockers, and clonidine. None of them have helped much.

J

just need some help

I wish I could stop bluing I have had to give us work as I blush so much I look like a tomato and get anxiety, I have stopped going to pubs as well because when I drink I get it.. I wish some one could help me...

Fear of people

I avoid people as much as possible these days in the fear of blushing or breaking out in a nerve rash and I'm a prisoner in my own home these days due to this dreaded fear of mine. However I feel as though this is not fair on myself as life is short anyway and life is only passing me by at the moment as I have placed limitations on myself and this is no way to live by all means.

limetree

Look up, look down, sneeze and cover your nose/cheeks with your fingers, shake your head really really fast (HAIR METALLL \m/), tell them they have a pin stuck to their thighs, head butt their stomach, run away crying. :D

Liekki

Look up, look down, sneeze and cover your nose/cheeks with your fingers, shake your head really really fast (HAIR METALLL \m/), tell them they have a pin stuck to their thighs, head butt their stomach, run away crying. :D

How did I never think of that! :D

Off The Wall

The bad thing about this forum is i'm probably gonna freak out about blushing now... haha. I never had a problem with it, i guess cause i can't see my own face i have no idea if i'm blushing or not.. quite embarressing when you get pictures back and you look like you have chipmonk cheeks cause they stand out so much cause they are red haha...

Make up kind of hides it?, altho it looks like i have extra blush on lol.

It also doesn't help when i drink, after one drink you get that hot/warm feeling, and then my face "blushes"... does that happen to anyone else or am i just weird?.. prob just me. Doesn't really bother me though...

scarletlee

Beta-blocker can help blushing.

I tried Beta-blockers for my blushing and shakes but it wasn't strong enough to stop my rushes of adrenalin and red face ::eek::, but yes i've heard some people find them quite helpful. worth a try :)

hb72

Yes, Beta Blockers worked wonderfully for me in High stress situations, at a higher dosage which i think was 80mg sometimes i took 120mg