any advice?

im starting glycopyrrolate tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me..im supposed to take 1mg. twice a day, has that worked for anyone? is there a certain time you take it? i have full body hh.

Last edited:

deadwetter

Hi Brittany - It is important to take it 90 minutes before you start your day. It works best on an empty stomach. I leave for work at 7am but actually set my alarm for 5am just to take it. Skip the coffee and breakfast the first few days. I would take 2mg before work and then 1mg 3 hours later. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Try to eat only a light lunch. Don't worry about the dry eyes and throat. This will ease up in about 2 weeks. You will get tired and sore. These side effects come and go but are manageable. Glyco is a miracle drug for me. I hope it works for you. Try to deal with the side effects because the reduction in sweating is worth it.

hyp-hi

You could start with 1mg twice a day to test it out, but you will probably have to take more than that for it to be effective. I also recommend 2mg in the morning, then another 1mg later in the day if you need it.

margiehope

Always leery of giving dosage advice, but 1 mg isn't much. I actually do 4 mg most mornings (and an hour is probably enough time before eating). When I was first prescribed the med, the instructions were "up to 8 mg a day in divided doses". I almost never get to 8, but 6 could happen on a steamy day.

If you do have dry mouth (for me it comes and goes) there are mouth washes now that help--should be in any good drug store.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The 1 mg twice a day has been pretty good..I take both of them in the morning.. I have taken three in one day though bc I felt it wearing off so I took another.. but so far so good..haven't really been in any real bad situations yet so we will see how it works then but i can definitely tell a difference!! The dry mouth was really bad the first couple of days but it hasn't been as bad these past two days..thanks for the advice!! I definitely think about 3mg a day could be pretty good for me..

margiehope

There you go--you have to find out what works for you. One further "warning"--the amount you need, and the side effects, can change from time to time. It's a really weird disease, but glad you're having some relief.

does your body ever get immune to the medicine? 2mg was working pretty good with very little sweat at all but now im feeling more sweat come back..still not as bad as it was before the medication but still bothersome.

margiehope

does your body ever get immune to the medicine? 2mg was working pretty good with very little sweat at all but now im feeling more sweat come back..still not as bad as it was before the medication but still bothersome.

I've been taking glyco for... maybe 6 years, and it hasn't stopped working. Different reactions on different days, though--and I never take less than 4 mg (well, unless it's really cold or I'm not going anywhere.)