any advice for a job??

Anonymous

Hi,

Ive got to find a job, just left 6th form. I know you cant really help me with the fact that im lost now and dont know what I want to do for the rest of my life but I know that anything I want to do is a problem because of my SP.

I dont know what sector I want to work in or anything. It may sound strange but I want to help other people. That means interacting with them :( :oops: the thing is is that i dont know whether i want to do something like this just because of my SP. Knowing that other people are hurting and wanting to be there for them. Nobody knows about my SP and strictly speaking I have not been diagnosed. I know that I match the symptoms and what people say on this site exactly.

One other problem, for anything too serious and responsible in a job you need a degree or extra studying and I cant cope with it. So just wondering whether anyone happens to have any suggestions or comments for me that could point out somethings to me to help. im not very independent so my first job cannot be too involved plus Im terrified to use the phone etc, you know the rest. So I need a secure environment.

Sorry to trouble you but I really cant talk to anyone else because even though its not talking about my phobia I feel like that creates a barrier towards everything

Thank you for reading :)

Ice

:D Are you CAN SOMEONE READ THIS Guest? LOL! Hi! :D
I'm doing a volunteer job right now. Ad design with Photoshop. I don't have any degrees or much knowledge on that but since it's a volunteer job so who cares. I just learn it on the net on the fly. :D My job... You really can't call it a job. First off I work at home.. My computer is better than theirs anyways. LOL. Sometimes I work for days. But sometimes for weeks I do nothing! LOL. It's certainly not scary at all. Mostly communication is done face to face or by emailing each other so I don't have to touch the telephone as well. I'm sure a real job would be scary.
But I would suggest you to get a degree or at least diploma. You would be more confident if you know your stuff. However I'm not so sure in this job-hunting stuff, ignore what i said.

Anonymous

Hi,
:oops: :oops: :oops: yes im SORRY!!! Can i ask how you knew exactly??? I feel so bad!! I wanted to take a new approach because I feel like my life is such a mess and didnt want to complain too much. Also I thought people may not want to read 4 pages!!!! do I go on or what!!! This site just seems the only way out for me and letting some of my concerns out makes it seem not so bad. I just really really need help, someone there for me, Just ONE person but I dont want to trouble anyone. I feel so selfish because of eveyone else suffering, some more than likely worse then me.

What made you answer this post if you worked out who I was? :oops: LOL I suppose its funny how you guested but :oops: :oops: Am i that bad? :( I got so confused who I was talking to. I appreciate everyones support so much though. Im scared what people are really thinking of me :(

See I think volunteer works sounds a good idea but that impractical for me because of what my family will say. They have their ideal path for me to go which is nothing to ambitious. High paid work in a city etc. This is not my idea. I would rather work local to feel more secure.

Have you just started this work? Have you just finished school or anything?

Sorry, ill shut up now sorry :oops:

I feel so stupid :oops:

Ice

Anonymous said:
Hi,
:oops: :oops: :oops: yes im SORRY!!! Can i ask how you knew exactly??? I feel so bad!! I wanted to take a new approach because I feel like my life is such a mess and didnt want to complain too much. Also I thought people may not want to read 4 pages!!!! do I go on or what!!! This site just seems the only way out for me and letting some of my concerns out makes it seem not so bad. I just really really need help, someone there for me, Just ONE person but I dont want to trouble anyone. I feel so selfish because of eveyone else suffering, some more than likely worse then me.

What made you answer this post if you worked out who I was? :oops: LOL I suppose its funny how you guested but :oops: :oops: Am i that bad? :( I got so confused who I was talking to. I appreciate everyones support so much though. Im scared what people are really thinking of me :(

See I think volunteer works sounds a good idea but that impractical for me because of what my family will say. They have their ideal path for me to go which is nothing to ambitious. High paid work in a city etc. This is not my idea. I would rather work local to feel more secure.

Have you just started this work? Have you just finished school or anything?

Sorry, ill shut up now sorry :oops:

I feel so stupid :oops:
Oh my... I'm so sorry if I hurt your feeling. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well how did I know it's you? Well you said this "Sorry to trouble you ..." :oops: :oops: You don't have to be sorry at all! :D I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have tried to guess who you are when you want a new start. :oops: :oops: It was my bad and you shouldn't be sorry! :oops:

"What made you answer this post if you worked out who I was? LOL I suppose its funny how you guested but Am i that bad?"
What does that mean? I meant that in a good way! :oops: :| I don't know who you are - you use Guest all the time. All I know is that you are such a nice person. :oops: :oops: :D And I suppose that everyone else would say that too. Hey am I right?
"Have you just started this work? Have you just finished school or anything?" No I'm still highschool. :D
Pleeease don't feel bad. Ok? You think people won't see the old thread? Well look at how many views/clicks you've got! Nearly 2000!!! They are just as afraid of posting as you are. :oops: :D It's not that they want to ignore you on purpose. Believe me. :D

Anonymous

Hi Ice,

:oops: im so so sorry!! its ok, im feeling much calmer now. It doesnt matter about a new approach, i just didnt want to complain too much. I thought that the other thread was possibly annoying other people everytime I wrote. Ill just keep to the same one, that way people know who they are talking to. I just hope it doesnt annoy anyone! I dont want to take over everyones site.

I just didnt know what you were thinking and I would hate to think that I made you feel bad just because I was panicking. Please dont feel bad. It was my fault. It wasnt like I was pretending to be someone else, lol or I wouldnt have admitted. It is quite funny i suppose. good guess :) im just really sorry!

Thank you for responding to my post though :) im very grateful.

Sorry and Thank you!!

Ice

The panic attacks are very hard to control. If someone looks at me I'll be petrified for a few seconds automatically. I can't calm myself down and think logically till it's over. I think chewing gum helps - I'm not sure. Anyway
"I thought that the other thread was possibly annoying other people everytime I wrote" "I just didnt know what you were thinking and I would hate to think that I made you feel b" :D Don't worry about them. Whenever the subconsciousness wants to find out how other people felt about you, you just tell it to shut up! I mean, how does your thread upset anyone??
!!! Again it's not your fault :D Think about it Why is it your fault

Anonymous

any advice for a job??

Learn how to play a musical instrument... excell at it & set up performances... think about it... you'll get paid for never coming out of the dressing room if you make people aware of the possibility. It's such a bazaar concept that it would probably catch on. Think of a clever name that coinsides with your phobs, or actually go on stage... in costume, and make people wonder if you will have the courage to perform-- or not. You could be a bunny and hop off stage if you start freaking out.

neddy

Like ice said if you feel you are unable to go to college and study then do some volunteer work in your chosen field so that you get the necessay skills you need. It's normal to feel nervous at first but you have to be prepared to give it a go otherwise you will get no where in life.

It's hard when you don't know what you want to do as you can go to college and start studying and then realise part way into the course that it isnt what you really want to do and want to change direction. That too is normal. Most of us spend alot of time at work so it has to be something which you enjoy working at.

Be prepared to have a go at anything, there is lots of work around if you don't mind what you do. I am a jack of all trades but master of none which means I have worked in many different jobs but I never went to college to get a degree.

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks Neddy. I have briefly mentioned as a passing comment to my family that in a book I read it mentioned voluntary work while deciding long term. They were not impressed at all. I also fear of my whole families judgment of what they would think about constantly changing career paths. There already is a lot of speculation in my family with other members of my family. Personally I understand them and don’t see the problem but my parent’s laugh and joke about them. This makes it more difficult for me to do what I want. I have already seen how people in the family are ridiculed even though I rarely see them, which is a good thing for my SP I suppose.

Thank you for your advice though. It will definitely stay in my mind. Maybe if nothing comes up, I may be able to somehow persuade my parents. Thanks for reminding me that a lot of people don’t know what they want to do and that REALLY I wouldn’t be odd for changing my mind. I would just have to manage to convince myself this if it was to happen. I don’t understand why I am so scared about what my family think when although I’m scared of being judged, I would not find it as threatening to tell a friend I had changed my mind :? .

Thanks for your advice :)