any 30 year old plus folks have this problem??

bsammy

heres the deal, some days my anxiety is higher than others but my mood lately has been decent but i was at the dog park today and talked to a woman there and she was interested...she is 31 years old and cute and i got her number..this is the easy part for me, im not meaning to sound like a conceited guy but its true..i can get girls interested and to like me but here it comes..when i think of all the conversations and baggage that come with relationships i automatically get this 'uggh, im not even going to bother'..this is getting worse as i get older and most people have alot of baggage at our age..i just get either intimidated or just flat out dont have the energy/desire to deal with all the 'extras' that come with relationships now..im jaded in that strange way as relationships dont have that initial anticipation as they used to..

you older folks understand what im saying?maybe i didnt type this out right..lol

Aletheia

it's worth it

Relationships are vital to me even if I'm not very good at them, the conversations are a lot of the draw, and even the baggage provides a depth of experience.

But one male friend my age (ie old), whenever he meets a woman he's interested in, he fast forwards in his head though the courtship to the honeymoon period to living together to arguing to hurting each other to breaking up and he asks himself: is it worth it?

bsammy

^^see im extreme introverted so the socializing part is only moderately enjoyable..honestly only certain parts of a relationship would be enjoyable to me so this is probably why im like your friend and think 'uggh, doesnt seem worth the effort'...

coyote

i think it becomes easier

the more baggage the better

there aren't as many starry-eyed expectations

and you can simply get down to the business of having fun

bsammy

^^interesting perspective...might have to think about that..

im not sure if i view relationships from a skewed vantage due to my issues or the reality i see is that i simply wont be able to offer someone the 'full package deal' in a relationship..i can simply offer them a good time some of the time..lol..my issues keep me from being an attentive partner..im aloof and detached for the most part..