anxiety that I smell...it gets so bad sometimes I dont want to go out

I am a clean person, I wash every morning, do my hair every two days, I put deodrant on and perfume, I wash my clothes regularly and never wear the same clothes twice cause I feel really dirty if I do but I have anxiety that I smell. Like this one time I went to a lecture and sat down and took of my jacket and the woman next to me covered her nose and her eyes started to stream and she kept wretching and told her friend that there was a smell and she needed to move...so I violently started to sniff my self, running my hands through my hair and I started to cry...I smelt something and I didn't know if it was me but it made me paranoid (I had a shower that morning and put deo nd perfume on)...so in the middle of the lecture I stood up and I ran away....I got home and jumped in the shower and scrubbed my skin until it was red raw and I changed my clothes but I still felt like I smelt...ive asked my friends, my partner and my parents if I smell and they say I dont. Another situation happened where I went to the cinema and the cinema smelled as I remremember walking in and being b hit by a fusty smell but I sat down and the smell was so intense and I kept sniffibg myself and my partner told me to stop being silly as it wss the smell of the cinema. I couldnt relax during the movie paranoia kicked in and I stood up to go sit somewhere else cause I didnt want to spoil other peoples cinema experience and my partner said I didnt smell but I didnt bekieve him and I started fidgeting smelling myself and standing up and down...my partner just said we should just go home and we did...we got into a fight and he said I need to go seek help because it is in my mind.....I think he is right cause whenever I smell something bad I assume its me or when some one comments bout a smell I assume its me and I go mental like sniffing itching crying fidgeting and not being able to relax. I think I create phantom smells in my head...I dont know what is wrong.

daisydaydreamz

Hi Doctor Who

If you've asked people close to you whether or not you smell, and they've assured you that you don't, then you must try to believe them. You don't smell!!!

I think you may have a psychological condition called ''olfactory reference syndrome''. It is a sub-type of body dysmorphic disorder, (people wrongly believing they are ugly), where people think they smell unpleasant.

Check it out on wikopedia and see if it sounds like you.