Anxiety over Calling my Boyfriend???

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 5 years and even thigh it's absurd, I have a paralyzingly fear of calling him on the phone. Basically...
1.) I'm perfectly fine when he calls me, I just have a hard time calling him.
2.) Of I miss a call from him and go to call him back, I'm fine too. It's the cold-calling that is my main issue.
3.) If I need to call him for any reason, I start to hyperventilate and my stomach tightens into a painful knot.
I love talking on the phone way more than texting, and so does my boyfriend. How can I get over this irrational fear so that we can communicate like normal people?

surewhynot

Well do you have any idea of what caused that irrational fear? Is it the same way with you calling other people? Have you ever had a bad experience with you calling someone?

I'd try talking to your boyfriend about this if you can, he will reassure you that you have no reason to be anxious, which might help. Irrational fears can be quite tricky to get over, I hope you succeed :)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
do it more often. just do it. the more you do it, the less you'll stress yourself about it.
its called exposure therapy. Also, i hope you've mentioned this problem to your bf?
he should be supportive and could help you.

So... get to exposing yourself xD

vitalis

Have you told him about it? Maybe you'll feel somewhat relieved after explaning, and he can even be of some help, coming up with something that helps. If you've been together for 5 years, you probably trust each other quite a bit.