Anxiety for career

dannyboy65

All I do now is think about my career. I think non stop about it, I find something then I back away cause I'm scared I won't like the decision. Most recently I want to work with wild animals. I am thinking of taking a wildlife conservation college course.

I am taking classes I need before I go into the course. I am really nervous I won't like it. Most of it is hands on out in the field learning. I have to remember animal species in scientific and Latin names. I have to have to take 3 academic math courses to get approved. Get healthier, and take a biology course.

I'm nervous about the camping in the woods where there is no help for miles. But I'm excited about working and helping animals.

It's a weird anxiety and I just want to make sure I made the right choice.

Sacrament

If you distance yourself from the anxiety, do you like what you see? If you can determine the level at which your anxiety and fear are making you think you won't like it (as opposed to "I know I'll love it but anxiety's making me think otherwise", you'll be able to make a much better decision, instead of backing out of something that could truly mean something to you.

dannyboy65

If you distance yourself from the anxiety, do you like what you see? If you can determine the level at which your anxiety and fear are making you think you won't like it (as opposed to "I know I'll love it but anxiety's making me think otherwise", you'll be able to make a much better decision, instead of backing out of something that could truly mean something to you.

The more I think the more I want to do this. I have a lot of different anxiety. Like is this the right decision, down to will I fit in. I know I will fit in but I don't want to make a mistake. I'm thinking I'm just going to take the shot.

ryan2022

Go for it! Sometimes you wont know unless you jump in with both feet.

Also, try to separate the anxiety from your real feelings towards the choice.

I let anxiety control my career for years, and I ended up making a lot of wrong turns.... no harm done though, I learned a lot in the process but it took a lot of energy.

NamiraWilhelm

This would be an amazing job, and our anxiety certainly steps in our way! I would love to work with a variety of animals but given the human interaction usually required, like giving shows at a zoo, just seems like an impossible dream.

So this year I'm quitting my crap job and going to Madagascar for five months! Scared as hell, but what an experience I'll have. I'll get to see awesome creatures like lemurs and uroplatus in the wild, and hopefully it'll bring me out of my shell too! I can do a conservation course while I'm out there, too :)

dannyboy65

This would be an amazing job, and our anxiety certainly steps in our way! I would love to work with a variety of animals but given the human interaction usually required, like giving shows at a zoo, just seems like an impossible dream.

So this year I'm quitting my crap job and going to Madagascar for five months! Scared as hell, but what an experience I'll have. I'll get to see awesome creatures like lemurs and uroplatus in the wild, and hopefully it'll bring me out of my shell too! I can do a conservation course while I'm out there, too :)

I want to do some years working with wildlife in Canada, then maybe go somewhere like Australia or New Zealand. I love animals and I love learning about them so I am excited about learning about them in this course. I would love to go to Madagascar! I'd be nervous but it sounds like a great opportunity!

dannyboy65

Go for it! Sometimes you wont know unless you jump in with both feet.

Also, try to separate the anxiety from your real feelings towards the choice.

I let anxiety control my career for years, and I ended up making a lot of wrong turns.... no harm done though, I learned a lot in the process but it took a lot of energy.

I agree and this time I'm not letting my anxiety beat me I really want to do this. I just hope it's the right choice, I think it is but I still have my small anxiety.

MotherWolff

Banned
All I do now is think about my career. I think non stop about it, I find something then I back away cause I'm scared I won't like the decision. Most recently I want to work with wild animals. I am thinking of taking a wildlife conservation college course.

I am taking classes I need before I go into the course. I am really nervous I won't like it. Most of it is hands on out in the field learning. I have to remember animal species in scientific and Latin names. I have to have to take 3 academic math courses to get approved. Get healthier, and take a biology course.

I'm nervous about the camping in the woods where there is no help for miles. But I'm excited about working and helping animals.

It's a weird anxiety and I just want to make sure I made the right choice.

I have this also. I get scared that I will be in jail if I don't get a job/career soon.:sad:

Deco

I have a cousin who is a biologist. She works with a manatee conservation project and really loves it. My elder sister worked with a similar project but with bottlenose dolphins.

I'm anxious because I spent 5 years working with archviz and digital illustration at the same time, I really enjoyed it, but it took a toll on my health. But at least I learned many important things in my last job.
Studios now prefer generalists rather than spe******ts. Time to change. Adapt and survive!

Last edited:

dannyboy65

I have a cousin who is a biologist. She works with a manatee conservation project and really loves it. My elder sister worked with a similar project but with bottlenose dolphins.

I'm anxious because I spent 5 years working with archviz and digital illustration at the same time, I really enjoyed it, but it took a toll on my health.
Studios here now prefer hiring generalists wich also makes me feel even more anxious. And all this time was only improving and dedicating myself to two things.
I'm 32 and already feeling old for all this.

See I want to find a job I will want to go to everyday and still have a healthy life and not be stressed.

NamiraWilhelm

I agree and this time I'm not letting my anxiety beat me I really want to do this. I just hope it's the right choice, I think it is but I still have my small anxiety.

Australia would possibly be next on my list. Pretty impressive for its endemic species too! Have their own entire order after all! Hopefully when I'm back I can study them like you are.