Anxiety as a trigger for other health issues?

VioletOblivia

Hi all,

Does anyone else have other, more physical, health issues that are set off by anxiety? I suffer from migraine associated vertigo, IBS, GERD, chronic fatigue syndrome and Fibromyalgia and find that stress can make all of them worse. Even all at once sometimes which can make for a very rough time indeed. I find it hard to tell people why I'm not feeling well and try and pretend I'm ok which is probably the worst thing to do but I'm so used to doing it now, it's almost like second nature to me. Anyone else?

slimjim119

I get a lot of headaches after really anxious moments. I try to calm myself down. And as I get older I noticed that I get fatigued faster than I use to. Being anxious can take a lot out on your body. When I was younger I could take it better.

VioletOblivia

I get a lot of headaches after really anxious moments. I try to calm myself down. And as I get older I noticed that I get fatigued faster than I use to. Being anxious can take a lot out on your body. When I was younger I could take it better.

I get that too. But with my Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue there anyway, extra stress really knocks the stuffing out of me.

SilentAndShy

Headaches and tiredness as symptoms you can't see but I've developed a skin condition - either psoriasis/eczema - which may or may not be exacerbated by my anxiety. I don't know. I've read there could be a link but again, not definitive on that. But it might be that my brother had a skin condition also so possibly hereditary.