Anxiety and School

chris87

I can't believe how much worse I feel since I started school. I didn't exactly feel wonderful during summer break, but I was a lot more relaxed. I've been so stressed out, and I feel extremely tense and anxious. I guess it's just a combination of the work, grades, pressure, etc.

Does anyone else experience this?

Tab

Yes I relate 100%. For some reason I'm really anxious about school this year and I've started skipping some classes. I remember 2 summers ago I felt like I needed to get back there and see if I could make it any better than the previous year but it was far from better. This summer I dreaded going back and the everyday I go I have anxiety. On top of that I haven't done any assignments yet because every time I think of them I feel sick. Its really fucked up.

Tab said:
Yes I relate 100%. For some reason I'm really anxious about school this year and I've started skipping some classes. I remember 2 summers ago I felt like I needed to get back there and see if I could make it any better than the previous year but it was far from better. This summer I dreaded going back and the everyday I go I have anxiety. On top of that I haven't done any assignments yet because every time I think of them I feel sick. Its really fucked up.

I agree COMPLETELY.
Fuck. I should have graduated (university) last year but i've been fucked up with post tramatic stress and anxiety and depression and now this overwhelming social phobia thing and i totally screwed myself over.
I was seeing a "counsellor" at school but i fuck that up too because i missed too many appointments because i can't leave the house or pick up the phone...
anyways, school technaically started 3weeks ago. i haven't gone to ONE class. i keep thinking that my professors will think im an idoit because i have to take their class again, or the other students will recognize me... Fuck, i'm not even technically registered. I had to petition to even be allowed back into my program, but i can't register because i have to pay tuition. But i have no money and i can't bring myself to go down and talk to my bank and get another loan because i'm affraid of what they'll think... fuck me. IDK what to do. lol
but it's nice to type it all out and see how fucked i actually am.
oh, and no one knows. I don't talk to anyone. if they ask, i lie. I tell my parents i'm fine, and school is fine, and money is fine. i'm very good at putting on an act...
so, i guess that was of no help to you... sorry. i just wanted to say i know how you feel and that i'm looking for the same answers...
xx

chris87 said:
I can't believe how much worse I feel since I started school. I didn't exactly feel wonderful during summer break, but I was a lot more relaxed. I've been so stressed out, and I feel extremely tense and anxious. I guess it's just a combination of the work, grades, pressure, etc.

Does anyone else experience this?

Hi, i just wanted to say i feel the same and that the best thing i did was go to the student health and counseling centre. They offer counseling and doc apt (meds) right at the university... and it’s usually covered in your tuition.
Just try not to fuck it up like I did. lol. Try not to miss appointments.
xx

smileyshygirl

school anxiety

yeah i can definetlely relate, the moment i step foot back on school grounds the anxiety hits me all at once. Then it sucks starting a new year because you have to start class with new people, which causes great anxiety for me. But i hop eyou can find a healthy way to cope with this school anxiety, hang in there, you are not alone. :!:

Dodger

I have to agree with you on this. I just feel like as soon as I finish one thing I get another and I am always working and I have no time to socialize not that I socialized much before anyways because I am shy but I have little time for my friends that I do have.