Anxiety and Death of loved 1s

scatmantom

Some of the worst anxeity I have suffered from has been around the deaths of my grand parents. My dads parents died when i was younger...I was 10 for 1 of them and 14-15 for the other. It was a very difficult time for me and my anxiety was terrible. I didnt eat properly and have nvr felt so bad. I did get through it in the end but it was an un-necissary strain on my family whlie they where going thru an already difficult time.

Im alot older and alot more mature now...but 1 of my mums parents is dying and will probably not live to see this christmas. Im not on here lookin for sympathy...all i want is to know that people have experienced similar loss and that the anxeity is beatable in these horrible times. I really want to keep my anxiety under control for this because i cant have my family worrying about me at a time that has relativly nothing to do with me.

I hope she passes peacefully and with little pain and suffering. I hate the fact that even tho its her who is dying and that its my mum and her siblings who are going to take it the hardest...but selfishly i can only think of how this death is going to affect me and how my anxiety is going to struggle to cope with it.

any advice would be great :)

Invisible_Alien

I have also experienced loss of loved ones, and yes the anxiety is beatable. Losing someone we love is one of the worst things to go through, but is an unfortunate part of life. I hid my anxiety and never sought support. This was the wrong move because it took me years to be able to face it, yet alone deal with it. I hid my anxiety from my family, but I probably should have tried to talk to them. Afterall, they were going through the pain of losing someone and suffering their own forms of anxiety, albiet it not necessiarily the same kinds. Everyone deals with grief in their own way. It is not selfish to think of how their loss will affect you. When we grieve, we not only grieve for the loss of our loved one. A large part of it is grieving for ourselves, how our life has changed without them it in. How their loss will be felt for a long time to come. I don't know exactly what kind of advice to give you. Nothing I did to deal with my anxiety worked. All I did was try to hide from it. All I can say is find someone to talk to who might have some idea of what you're going through. I'm very sorry to hear of your granparent's illness, especially at this time of year.

Chilling__Echo

hey sweetie, i'm so sorry for your loss in the past. it's rough! sadly, those of us with SA or any anxiety disorder are already predispositioned to more stress. any stress we come across puts us out of whack.

all i can tell you is just take it one thing at a time. your family is there for you and there to support you. you can't help the way you feel, you're not trying to gain attention. maybe you need their support? you're not a burden. they obviously care about you so gain strength off their caring. you're not more strain. it's hard on everyone.

hope everything ends up ok, again, sorry to hear about the sick relative. my heart goes out to you and your family

LittleMissScareAll

I'm sorry about your grandparents...I know what it's like...my favorite grandparent(my mom's mom) died in 2001...right after she died is when I had my first panic attack. Kept having them every night... I couldn't sleep at all, and that's when they put me on Paxil...which didn't help for my depression & SP, but it of course did help me sleep...actually then that's all I wanted to do was sleep...so I had no time for more panic attacks.

scatmantom

well ive nvr had any medication...and i dont really want to go on any either. I fear that i would rely on it too much..and then not having it when i felt i needed it could make my anxiety worse.