Anxiety Advice???

ChrisC316

I am a 26 year male in the UK. I have always been quite an edgy person. Just before I moved in with my girlfriend in 2004 I suffered an anxiety attack. I just wasn't ready to move and it took my a long time to get over this. Now it seems every time I get nervous or worried about something my natural reaction is to think I will have another anxiety attack. I am starting CBT treatment at the end of this week and I am really nervous about it and I am just constantly worried I am going to have another anxiety attack even though I haven't had one that bad for 2.5 years. Does anyone else have the same problems?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

columnmn

It basically the fear of the anxiety attack that's bringing on the majority of your anxiety. I think most of us go through the same thing.

The best way to deal with it, is just try not to be afraid, accept that it's happened, and will happen again.

Have a read of this - http://anxiety.wordsmithjones.com/

It helped me.

David26

Hi ChrisC316,

Anxiety is a painful strain on the mind that usually surfaces when a person feels threatened, ill, or concerned and anticipating the worst. When a person has a mental illness, chemical imbalance or a medical condition then stress can lead to phobias, panic attacks, and trigger anxiety.

Anxiety is an abnormal overwhelming sense of fear. Sometimes anxiety is marked with physiological symptoms including tension, increase in heart rates and sweating. When this happens, a person will often doubt their capacity to manage with the risk and view the risk as an obstruction that is bigger than life. Anxiety is a form of stress that we all want to avoid, unless some benefit follows suit.

If a person is going on through such fears, he needs mental health support, medications and stress management techniques that will help him to deal with his fears.

David.

http://www.selfhelpzone.com/anxiety...aranoid-personality-and-paranoia-personality/