anxiety about flying on holiday (hate flying, motion sickness)

I am going on holiday in a fews day and im full of anxiety, I get extreme motion sickness I have been prescribed something which I knows works as had it on past flights, today I felt sick, sweaty, dizzy, faint and crampy and I just wanted to sleep, the same happened to be a few days ago, ive been told its probably just because Im nervous about the flight. I think my motion sickness is also partly in my head because I can be sick before I even get on the flight, in the airport I spew everywhere. I am really nervous bout flying because Im going with only my boyfriend and I don't really want to be sick on him or embrass him, im 21 so I should of outgrown it by now but I don't fly enough times to get over flight sickness like I did with car sickness....I keep thinking im going to be sick. Ive arranged not to eat for two days before the flight so theres nothing in my stomach so I only wretch and don't bring up anything nasty....I hate every part of flying and the waiting around before the flight and the smell of plane food and the popping of my ears and the pain of my ears and the smell of the cabin its a dreadful experience for me that's why as much as I love going on holiday I tend to stay away from flying but because this was a 21st birthday present I want to overcome the anxiety and the fear of being sick and embrassing myself. Nobody wants to sit next to someone who is sick, im scared that ill make everyone else sick on the plane too. Anyone got any de-stressing techniques I want to be as relaxed as possible if my medication doesn't work...although on my last holiday I wasn't sick but the holiday before that back in 2010 I tried the medication and someone next to me on the flight opened an orange about four hours into the flight and the smell just hit me and I was sick everywhere(well into a sick bag)...

Froggy246

On the last flight I went on a young man not far from me was being sick and it didn't bother me, I just felt sorry for him, so don't worry about the other passengers. My fear of flying is more like my fear of lifts, worry that stepping on board may lead to my demise. I try to have something to knock me out for the flight, like diazepan or a couple of co- codamols. I do get terrible car sickness, so my last holiday consisted of 10 hours being s*** scared on the plane followed by 4 hours of intense car sickness.
I think it'll help not having anything in your stomach, if it happens perhaps just pop to the toilet every so often for some good wretching.