Anti depresants................

uk_27

Has anyone had experience of anti depresants. I am considering going to the doctors to discuss my SA andwondering what people know about these and how they can make you feel etc..................

IceLad

Well I tried Prozac last year and it only had a limited effect even after the doctor doubled the dose. I felt slightly happy a few times, but on the whole, I don't think it addressed SP for me.

I'm currently on Citalopram and the effects are more noticeable- I find myself a bit more outgoing and chatty, but I still have the same degree of SP. Side effects- felt tired all the time after starting it, but that soon faded away.

I'm going to go back to the doctors to see what else they can offer. He did say that it maybe the case of finding the right medicine that works for me.

If you decide to go, good luck! A visit to the doctors is definitely recommended.

uk_27

Cheers. I am convinced I should go to the doctor. I keep trying to kid myself I can sort this out on my own, but never seem to get anywhere. Even just telling somone about it might help I think??

emokid1218

I'm on Lexapro. It helps me most of the time. I don't get as depressed anymore. As far as SP goes. It doesn't really help me with that one. The only thing that has helped is taking a theatre class and being required to get in front of people and act. I love it now.

Snowman

I tried Zoloft and hated it; it even sounds like a scary East European airline, "Come Fly the Skies With Air Zoloft!" Didn't work for me. I'm on Remeron now and find it's just enough to smooth out most of the peaks and valleys of depression. Good luck, whatever you choose!