animals...

Bexi

hi all, i know this is the "random" section, so i thort id ask if any prefers animals to ppl?i think i do, altho i dont hate ppl,as thats quite a strong statement, i love animals, as they havent fucked up this planet! :) i love dogs most! xx

LittleMissScareAll

I definitely like animals better than (most) people...I was going to say, except snakes but actually...I think I prefer snakes over most people too. :p I dislike most people very much...people just disappoint me. :?

Hellraising

I prefer animals to humans. Always have. All my love goes to animals and there's none left for humans. I was just saying this to someone, if there was an animal and a human, and I could only save one, I would choose the animal without hesitation.

Bexi

thats interesting u say that actually, coz giving the coice between a human and an animal, i think we would b expected to "save" the human, but i think i agree with u hellraising x

The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

LittleMissScareAll

I hope nobody here is ever offended by some of the things I say. :oops: I never mean it towards anyone here...just the people I've known in person. :? :p
And if I had to choose to save either an animal or a human...it would depend on who the human was...if it was my parents or some other person I was close to and cared for alot I would of course, save the human... but if it was somebody mean, cruel or rude, I would save the animal without a second thought. :p

Sue

i have always loved animals alot more then people and always trusted them more.
animals dont have snoby atitudes of fancy gold watches or cars that reck the planet or eat more then they need.
they are the better species by far (generaly speaking)

Hellraising

Bexi said:
The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

Great quote, but I'm not too sure if that will ever happen though.

Yossarian

Well for one people haven't fucked up the planet. If you think this is bad you should of been around several billion years ago (aopologies to all the geologists out there for my lack of knowledge). Or when the sun runs out of fuel.

Two, animals are great but liking them because they don't have the capacity to 'fuck up the planet' seems like a strange reason to me. Why not love spoons, soap, rock, mud etc for the same reason? Not being able to do something isn't a virtue. Having the capacity to do bad and not doing it is a virtue.

I take you people aren't in favour of vivisection then?

Definately prefer animals.
I miss my poor dawgs :(

My last dog died about 5 years ago.
I think the vet screwed up his medicine.
He was very sick tho.

ShadowCat

Hellraising said:
Bexi said:

Great quote, but I'm not too sure if that will ever happen though.

It's true for some, like a lot of the members of PETA.

ShadowCat

I prefer animals. They are much nicer, they don't care what you look like, and they love you no matter what you do. I even prefer wild animals to most people, wild animals don't do any bad to you unless you go into their territory or something.

black_mamba

Stroking a purring cat is very theraputic.

Running around with a dog can be great fun.

Watching a beautiful bird in flight is amazing.

But quite frankly, what animal on earth is going to challenge me mentally enough to keep me interested?

All my pets commit suicide anyway. :x

MissCrash

black_mamba said:
All my pets commit suicide anyway. :x

I once had a hamster that commited suicide. He lunged out of his cage and took the big leap, landed on the kitchen floor :( Poor poor hamster...I don't even remember his name...or if he was even a he. :?

Well anyways, I don't feel that a human life is more valuable than a animals' and vise versa. I believe that every life is just as valuable as the next. Sure animals are great, but, like its been mentioned, their communication with people is limited.

Oh yeah...Hey I'm new! :D

ShadowCat

I once had a hamster that commited suicide. He lunged out of his cage and took the big leap, landed on the kitchen floor Poor poor hamster...I don't even remember his name...or if he was even a he.

That's not really commiting suicide, I don't think s/he tried to die.

Sure animals are great, but, like its been mentioned, their communication with people is limited.

With animals, you can't really have conversations like you do with other people, but you can communicate really well with them in other ways. Just like how good horseman can communicate with horses.

MissCrash

ShadowCat said:
That's not really commiting suicide, I don't think s/he tried to die.

I'm sure the hamster didn't, I was only joking :oops:

ShadowCat said:
With animals, you can't really have conversations like you do with other people, but you can communicate really well with them in other ways. Just like how good horseman can communicate with horses.

I only meant that an animals communication is limited with humans in comparison to another human being. Actually I guess it just depends on how much you're willing to pay attention and listen, whether it be a human or an animal.

ShadowCat

I'm sure the hamster didn't, I was only joking

I thought you might have been. Sorry about that. :oops:

I only meant that an animals communication is limited with humans in comparison to another human being. Actually I guess it just depends on how much you're willing to pay attention and listen, whether it be a human or an animal.

Yeah.

black_mamba

ShadowCat said:

Interesting, I wonder what it would be like if animals could talk .... Oh yeah, been done already ...oO(Dr Doolittle). :roll:

I had a mouse kill itself by trying to squeeze out between the bars of its cage. It got caught and died. Potentially suicide but not certain. My other pets all ran away but I'm certain they died very soon after, so a bit of exaggeration on my part. I had one bunny that was eaten to death by my neaighbours dog once. :lol: