~Anger~ I've had it with anti-depressant anti-anxiety drugs!

Anonymous

I been prescribed a lot of different drugs and the only ones that have worked for me are drugs like benzodiapines, but every time I see a psychiatrist they give me some sort of anti-depressant drug than makes my anxiety go threw the roof an hour after taking one. Now I'm itchy, hallucinating, sweating and my hands are shaky ! The medication I'm on : remeron. < for panic attacks and social anxiety. The doctor I saw said " this drug isn't like SSRI's it won't make you feel bad. " Agh ! I'v had it with anti-depressents !

Tell me this.. Why are doctors so reluctant to prescribe benzodiazopines for anxiety now a days ? Why do they wanna try to cure everything with every anti-depressant they can think of ?

Oh the last 29 anti-depressant medications didn't work lets try you out on another one.

I'm so tierd of going to the E.R. and waiting to get shot up with ativan or valium after having a bad reaction to an anti-depressant drug that instead now I just buy a couple 40oz.s of beer before hand to antidote the anti-depressants effects when I get a bad reation.

Anonymous

Do you think maybe you're bipolar? Antidepressants can induce mania. And some of the problems you mentioned sound like that.

Rapier

I've recently had this happen to me. My depression has been in check for a long time but the anxiety problems still exist. I do take xanax as needed and have for some time now. Never had any problkems with taking too much or needing early refills.

I mentioned to my pdoc this week that I'd like to ween away from the antidepressant but remain on the xanax for anxiety and he saidhe couldnt do that. He was however willing to cut out the xanax and keep me on the Ad. ???? What gives, cut outr the med that actually works?

Well, I'm new here but this post resonated with me.

Anonymous

xanax works great, but it is highly addictive. If you ever stop taking it you the withdrawls will induce the worst anxiety + panic attacks.

Chilling_Echo

i thought xanax was a "take it when you need it" kind of thing?

that's what i want to try, i went to my psch about performance pills but instead she gave me blood pressure pills to relax me, and they don't... propranolol...

then when i'm getting my perscription filled the pharmisist has to call my psch back and ask her what she meant to put with dosage b/c the original was 4 times a healthy dose...

GettingThere

An increase in anxiety occurring when in the initial stages of taking anti-depressant mediation is a good sign that the medication is working on your depression. The effect should not last for too long and can be masked with anti-anxiety medication in the meantime. So, in my opinion you would benefit considerably by completing the course of anti-depressants.