"An American Crime" movie...

Lou-s-Darkness

So last night I was feeling kind of upset. And so I usually watch things that are sad, to make me feel better (relate to pain, in a way). Weird, I know, but still.

I looked up some movies and found "An American Crime" and saw a trailer and decided ok I'll give it a go.

I watched it, and cried during the movie. I didn't ball my eyes out, just silent tears, but it was just so sad. I never cry during movies, only get teary eyed, but no crying. This movie was just more than I can take, though. The actors were phenomenal, and portrayed the characters greatly and it was overall a powerful movie.

Some parts were hard to stomach, despite me being a gore lover (I just love horror, violent movies), but knowing it was based on a true story made it all the harder to watch without being affected.

Did anyone see this movie? And what did you think when you saw it?

I watched the movie when it first came out. It made me mad and upset me that someone could be so cruel to a child. The fact that it was based on a true story didn't help matters. It just reinforced exactly how sick some humans can are.

Lou-s-Darkness

Definitely. I totally agree. It's the type of movie that makes you feel and think.

We need to be thinking in today's society. That was back in the 1950's or 60's...now people do all types of cruel things without batting an eye...inventing new ways of torturing and unspeakable crimes.

I felt sad, and beyond all else just very disgusted with humanity.

It's really disgusting what some people can do to innocent people. I find it appalling. Now somebody that hurt my wife or kids, I could shoot that person. As far as torture and gore, it just not my thing.