am i the only 1??

scaryfairy

iv been suffering from anxiety and bad panic attacks now for ages, but recently, and i dnt know why, but I have been getting these strange feelings. I dont know if its to do with a depression or just another side to my bad anxiety, but I find myself always thinking about life and how strange it is. I know it sounds weird.
I wake up in the morning and its the first thing I think about and the last thing I think about before I go sleep. Its taking over everything I do.
I generally just think about life, why we are here, dying etc. grrr i cant take all the crazy thoughts any more!! I hate all the confusion and its making me mad. My friend suffered from depression and even attempted suicide, ive told her what I feel and she said she felt the same from time to time. Its freaking me out to think I had the same thoughts as her and she did that.
I just need someone to honestly assure me that im not the only one who feels like this, it affects everything I do. :(
if anyone can tel me why I have these thoughts or what they are, or if they have them to, id feel a WHOLE lot better
thankyou
ScArYfAiRy XxX

Scottish_Player

Hi Stacey,i constantly think what is the point in it all,like yourself iam thinking about it everytime i do somthing,when i get up in the mornings its like the film "Ground Hog Day" where everything is so much the same as the day before and nothing is changingi also think why am i here and if i was to leave the world would anyone realy notice it,i dont realy think so maybe no more than 4 people would be truly afected if i was dead and its these 4 people that iam staying alive for.During the days and nights i think of things that i would put in a suicide note,ive never had the nerve to actualt write one as i think i would be taking another step to far with doing that.

Like ive said in a previous post when the people that iam staying alive for are dead then i will be gone aswell.Iam not the type of person that walks around with a long face all the time,i try to enjoy my life as much as i can but having restrictions on myself makes it hard and i am just getting on with things the best i can until my day comes.I have nothing to live for but have too much to dies for if that makes sense.

Ive even got my suicide planned and its a painless in my sleep kinda way but i wont give too much detail as i dont wont to put ideas in peoples heads.Sorry to sound morbid here but its just my true feelings :roll:

Just to let ya know your not alone in these thoughts and feelings.

maggie

I freak myself out too, thinking too hard about that stuff 8O . Like, it is all kind of bizarre if you think about it!...sometimes I wonder why I'm really here, and how really permanent being dead is 8O... and like we have this one chance here on earth to live and get out of life and give to others whatever we can...then I obsess on how I'm gonna die, and that really freaks me :?

scaryfairy

at least im not the only 1

thanks u 2 for replyin!!
I feel better for knowing that im not the only one. Im always trying to adjust my mind to something else which drives me crazy :x
I always just wish der was some escape from these feelings! i looked it up and its called something like deporsonalization :? apparently its not common and that your just REALLY intouch with your emotions and alert. I did find that looking for some answers to what im dealing with helped me a bit, i havent really thought about my "strange feelings" for the day so far :wink:
is deporsonalization like a proper mental illness or just something else, lol its hard to explain.
any1 know??
please replying
ScArYfAiRy
XxX

Scottish_Player

i was reading about depersonalization and it says that its most common when a traumatic event happens like if you where hanging off the edge of a cliff or in an car crash its the moment where you feel as if it isant realy happening to you and its unreal,hope this helps ya :)

redwine

scaryfairy said:
iv been suffering from anxiety and bad panic attacks now for ages, but recently, and i dnt know why, but I have been getting these strange feelings. I dont know if its to do with a depression or just another side to my bad anxiety, but I find myself always thinking about life and how strange it is. I know it sounds weird.
I wake up in the morning and its the first thing I think about and the last thing I think about before I go sleep. Its taking over everything I do.
I generally just think about life, why we are here, dying etc. grrr i cant take all the crazy thoughts any more!! I hate all the confusion and its making me mad. My friend suffered from depression and even attempted suicide, ive told her what I feel and she said she felt the same from time to time. Its freaking me out to think I had the same thoughts as her and she did that.
I just need someone to honestly assure me that im not the only one who feels like this, it affects everything I do. :(
if anyone can tel me why I have these thoughts or what they are, or if they have them to, id feel a WHOLE lot better
thankyou
ScArYfAiRy XxX

You are not the only one!
Ive got that kind of thinks since I was child. And my childhood has been perfect, I was happy and I used to enjoy myself all the time.´
Acctually , when Ive got a bad day and Im thinking about all the things that worries me I go to all that "life stuff" thinks and it really helps me out.
My problems and my fears become smoller because it doesnt matter. Im´nothing and my problems are nothing.Its weird.
its difficult to me explain how I feel about that, my english is not good enough but I want to tell you that have similar think that your friend doesnt mean you are going to do the same.
In my opinion it just means that you are a "thinking being" and, I supose, an intelligent one.
The only thing I would be worry is that it seams to be an obssesion.
And if you go into an obssesion it have better to be a constructive obssesion if its destroying you try to keep your mind busy in others matters

ColdFury

scaryfairy said:
thankyou
ScArYfAiRy XxX

I get like that too sometimes.

tupac

i used to get like that all the time, still do but not as much. i always wonder whats the deal with life? what are we here for? where do we go when we die? and then i say to myself why am i thinking like this.i sort of trip myself out that way.i think about death constantly not that i wanna kill myself its just that life is hell.

Tim001

Human beings are the only species on earth that are aware of their own mortality. Everything else just lives and eventually dies, not knowing until it happens. Our intelligence is our undoing in more ways than one. I also have those same thoughts and I'm sure it's more common than you think.

flatterby

Tim001 said:
Human beings are the only species on earth that are aware of their own mortality. Everything else just lives and eventually dies, not knowing until it happens. Our intelligence is our undoing in more ways than one. I also have those same thoughts and I'm sure it's more common than you think.

Hello my name dongartoe, lm a 70 yr old pussy cat that gets on this forum as soon as the humans go out for pizza.
Now l dont think that is entirely true that we dont no we exist. l no who l am and l no what you are.
we have these thoughts as well , specially when your getting chased up a tree by some great big hairy woof woof..
moew moew..

scaryfairy

hehe

erm im still getting the weird feelings. I really freaked myself out about it the other day and did not know what to do with myself. I felt so helpless, I just wanted it to end, I even thought about asking my mum 2 drive me to some kind of hospital to gte help because I know these weird feelings and thoughts aren't right and the fact I obsess over them isnt right. I always question whether im alive and im always freakin out about the fact i am alive and living. Lol its weird, I think it is too. I just feel like a zombie, helpless over whats going on in my head and around me! boo hoo

fiona

Hi Scary I think stuff like this too, I often wonder what's the point in being here when life is full of pain then you die :? It's because I am depressed and am all negetive

Greenade

I don't know if it is depression that causes these thoughts.....but i am always having similar thoughts....

I don't know if its because i am just lonely, but i found myself today in my garden thinking "what is the point of looking at that tree if there is no one to see it with me" Its as if there is no point to me existing and that there isn't a reason for seeing anything......like as if i'm not allowed to enjoy anything so why bother ???

I'm sounding weird now....... i just can't seem to explain now i come to write it down, iv'e gone blank... :?

Adrian

Scottish_Player

Greenade said:
"what is the point of looking at that tree if there is no one to see it with me"

That makes total sense to me,i like the way you have worded it,it sums up alot of stuff for me that i could'nt put into words.I also do a lot of stuff on my own mostley thru choice now as i have put myself in this situation i cant seem to get out of,and i think to myself this would be 10 times better if i had someone to share it with :roll:

Rockbox

I often think im in the trueman show film, not because i have a big head but because i feel so low i can't work out what life is all about.I often think people are just actors and im in some kind of gameshow where i am the joke.

I suffer from paranoia and think you may too, it's a horrible thing to experience and i hope you get through it dude.

good luck!

scaryfairy

catch up

hmmm, catch up.
i spose my forts r kinda gettin better, ish?
il have all these weird, depressin, negative thoughts 4 a few days, n then theyl pass, n then come back again. At the moment while ritin this i feel fine n overly happy 4 sum reason, lol, which is good, spose im just tryna keep myself happy so my stupid neg feelings dnt come bk :lol:
n e ways, ows every1 else doin?
scary fairy x x x

Gentlewind

Strange Thoughts

I find myself asking the same kind of questions, but believe it would be much sadder to not ask myself any questions at all. I ask myself why I can't just be happy like everyone else. I want to know if there is freedom from anxiety. The questions aren't unusual and, I think, they're important questions to ask. It means you're introspective enough to ask deeper and more meaningful questions. Personally, I think it means you're a more creative entity than others, and creative people ask a lot of themselves.

But I also know that I ask the morbid, sad questions when I'm steeped in depression. I get depressed when I deny my anger and when my sleep is filled with nightmares and "wall-to-wall" dreams. There is an old saying that goes something like this, "tiredness breeds cowardness." I become uneasy and out of balance without a decent night sleep. I occasionally use OTC sleep-aid medications if I'm aggitated and I try to stay away from caffeine at night. Recently, I've been taking St. John's Wort (I don't take any prescritpions it interacts with negatively). My sleep QUALITY has improved tremendously, and my day to day interactions seem...normal.

Karen

Sue

i dont know if im the only person that feels this but i always get freaked out when i realise i have to control my breathing. when im trying to sleep and hear my own breathing im like "oh my god if i stop breathing il die" and that sounds quite strange but 4 me thats what happens. i find it hard not to think about it.

black_mamba

:lol: Sue I get that too, when I try to consciously control my breathing (like when I'm attempting a relaxation technique) I freak out and it becomes so laboured!

Horrible. :lol: