am i right or way off?

savage_beagle

----Tell yourself you can
When you tell yourself you can't do something, you'll generally believe it and live by it. For example, suppose you constantly told yourself "I can't get any work done around here because the walls are too bright." That may sound silly, yet when it's repeated often enough you'll become absolutely convinced that the walls are preventing you from getting your work done. The sad fact is that when you tell yourself you can't, you won't, no matter how flimsy the excuse may be.
Fortunately, the same dynamic also can work in a positive way. Because when you tell yourself often enough that you can, you will. Think of all the things you've avoided doing because you told yourself you couldn't do them. Now just imagine what would happen if you applied that same power of suggestion toward being productive and effective, toward getting things done.

A critical, fundamental initial step toward any achievement is to tell yourself you can do it. It's simple. "I can do this." It's positive. "I can do this." And it works. Put the power of your own belief to work for you. Tell yourself you can.

-- Ralph MarstOn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I put this theory into action awhile ago and it is true. Spent too much time telling myself all the things i can't do (or just refused to), which was just a crock of shit. Really, the things i said i couldnt do were the results of years of having no positive feedback or acknowledgement. Then that snowballed into not caring since nobody else cared, which led to justifying my numerous exscuses of avoiding due to fear of rejection and failure. My own mind waging a war on my own self! This is why it is the number one priority is to change our self sabotaging ways of thinking...we hold ourselves back in life because we limit our beliefs. When you calm your mind, calm your fears and insecurities...you will become a happier person. Negative thinking poisons the mind and weakens your soul. Always believe in yourself , live in the present moment and realize that there are no failures, just learning experiences. You get what your mind thinks, so think good.
~~~~savage beagle

maggie

know what savage?..i think you're right...i spend a lot of time thinking and dwelling on stuff i feel i can't do...i'm really gonna try and change the way i'm thinking...it certainly can't hurt, right? 8)