Am I mad?

Neebo

Hi everyone I haven't posted on here for a while. sometimes it feels like people and when I say people,I mean the general public. Well sometimes it feels like they deliberately try to make me feel like shit. sometimes when I walk past a person and I feel like they are being funny with me,ie such as coughing,sniffing and then when another person does it as well. well then I think that they are connected in the sense that they are in some kind of gang or cult that is deliberately setting out to make me feel really shit,even though I know that they don't even know that each other exist. sometimes it almost feels like some kind of conspiracy against me :evil: Do you think I'm crazy or does anyone else feel like this? :?

bluenow

It's called paranoia. They aren't doing it to you. It's all in your mind. Doesn't mean your mad. You realize those thoughts are irrational right?

I had similar thoughts before meds.

Septor

Neebo said:
Hi everyone I haven't posted on here for a while. sometimes it feels like people and when I say people,I mean the general public. Well sometimes it feels like they deliberately try to make me feel like shit. sometimes when I walk past a person and I feel like they are being funny with me,ie such as coughing,sniffing and then when another person does it as well. well then I think that they are connected in the sense that they are in some kind of gang or cult that is deliberately setting out to make me feel really shit,even though I know that they don't even know that each other exist. sometimes it almost feels like some kind of conspiracy against me :evil: Do you think I'm crazy or does anyone else feel like this? :?

You're not crazy it's just part of sp.

GIOLANDA

bluenow said:
It's called paranoia. They aren't doing it to you. It's all in your mind. Doesn't mean your mad. You realize those thoughts are irrational right?

I had similar thoughts before meds.
That's so true. It's paranoia. I used to have symptoms like that,but not serious ones,there are many grades. If you feel that it's too bad and affects you a lot,then treatment is needed.

Tigger26

Not Crazy Just Observant

I did some research and found the phrases fake couging or mock coughing relevant. It is not your imagination it is a practical solution to the problems in our society. Since no official studies have been performed in this area I did my own unofficial study and noted how people reacted to or used this type of behavior. Hear are the results:

Fake Cough or Mock Cough
------------------------
* Condescending
* Passive-aggressive
* Lack of candor and open expression
* Passive-aggressive nonsense, the result of awkward, maladapted
people whose social abilities have withered in the era of gated
communities, armored isolation tanks (SUVs and the like), and
nonstop media pap reinforcing boorish behavior.
* Discriminatory
* Bigotry in the 21st century
* Used to drive away inquisitive outsiders
* To show annoyance
* Alternative to being candid about an offensive behavior

My conclusion to my unofficial research:

Fake coughing is a way of passive aggressively pushing your
agenda, letting someone know that they or something they are doing
is against the status quo (ie not cool, etc).