Am I just worrying or is it OCD?

Ana

Am I just worrying or is it OCD? This is the question that I'm currently obsessing over. I never thought I'd actualy get this bad, repeating sentences over and over in my head. Coming up with a few different answers and repeating them.
Sorry, back to the question.
How do you tell the difference between worrying and OCD thoughts.
I know what it feels like to worry about failing a test. It's a spur of the moment thought that goes away.
The other thoughts I have are always there. Like a movie, they play over and over in my head.
Here's an example...
I'm afraid of dying in a fire. So I think about it all the time. How I'd die, how'd everyone react, would I have a nice funeral? Then I obsess about how I'd prevent it. Then I react on it over and over again. I sweep the vents off before bed, unplugg some things, and make sure that things that are plugged in are plugged in properly.
So, is it worrying or OCD?

Ana said:
Am I just worrying or is it OCD? This is the question that I'm currently obsessing over. I never thought I'd actualy get this bad, repeating sentences over and over in my head. Coming up with a few different answers and repeating them.
Sorry, back to the question.
How do you tell the difference between worrying and OCD thoughts.
I know what it feels like to worry about failing a test. It's a spur of the moment thought that goes away.
The other thoughts I have are always there. Like a movie, they play over and over in my head.
Here's an example...
I'm afraid of dying in a fire. So I think about it all the time. How I'd die, how'd everyone react, would I have a nice funeral? Then I obsess about how I'd prevent it. Then I react on it over and over again. I sweep the vents off before bed, unplugg some things, and make sure that things that are plugged in are plugged in properly.
So, is it worrying or OCD?

People with OCD worry too. Everyone worries. I'd say people on this forum worry more than others. But it's something we can learn to deal with. First of all worry isn't productive, planning is productive. And worry isn't the same as caring. For example, say you leave on a vacation and worry about your house plants for a couple of weeks. When you return the plants will be brown and withered even though you worried about them.