alcohol anxiety experiment

virtue

i usually drink every weekend on fri and sat night which leaves me with chronic anxiety on monday and sometimes beyond,this weekend i only drank on fri,i still had some anxiety on sunday but today i feel fine,ive been drinking evey weekend since i was about 15 and thats about when my anxiety started,im still not sure if alcohol is the sole cause of my anxiety but ive decided to start recording all the days that i drink and the days follwing to see if there is a pattern anxiety developing, even if i find there is i doubt very much ill be able to change but at least i might know the cause, so there is some hope, ill let you know how i go .

SilentType

Banned
Not drinking is a waste of a liver and a life? Lmao. Remove "not" from that sentence and I will agree with it.

If you feel you have to drink to get past your anxiety, then your dependent on alcohol, and you anxiety may very well be a secondary problem to your drinking. You stated that your anxiety began about when you started drinking. Why don't you just get sober for a few months and see if your anxiety subsides, along with your dependence on alcohol.

You will benefit from the lifestyle change, and so will your loved ones.

virtue

energy drinks make me nervous and jittery,alcohol=fun my life revolves around drinking and surfing ,and a bit of work

Tryin

virtue said:
i usually drink every weekend on fri and sat night which leaves me with chronic anxiety on monday and sometimes beyond,this weekend i only drank on fri,i still had some anxiety on sunday but today i feel fine,ive been drinking evey weekend since i was about 15 and thats about when my anxiety started,im still not sure if alcohol is the sole cause of my anxiety but ive decided to start recording all the days that i drink and the days follwing to see if there is a pattern anxiety developing, even if i find there is i doubt very much ill be able to change but at least i might know the cause, so there is some hope, ill let you know how i go .

okay, back to the original post. you never asked us to praise against alcohol and as long as you don't feel that you are doing anything destructive, it's okay.

so, it certainly would be interesting to make that kind of a record. what if you used this thread and regularly posted everyday's statistics? anyway, keep us posted.

spawn

my shrink told me that though alcohol makes you feel good temporarily it causes it will make anxiety worse in long term. i was an alcohol in my teens used to throw up and drink the next day, same thing i didnt care. but now i relize that if i need to depend on alcohol im pretty weak that i have to depend on a substance to feel good. i still drink once a week maybe twice but since my my shrink told me that and im seeking help im gonna give it full effort and stop drink and focus on treatment.

louieann34

prince1 said:
Not drinking is a waste of a liver and life.

All I know is that "Drinking" is a waste of a liver and life.

And Virtue, why not try to examine your self...Don't drink for a week then look if ever something happen...Then try again another week that you drink if something happen again...Then you would know if drinking cause you anxiety.