Alcohol and SA

danstelter

It didn't happen so abruptly for me, but it did happen more gradually. And, I found it to be very beneficial to reduce the amount of drinking in my life. I drink maybe 1-2 beers per week these days, which is much better than I did in the past. I'm glad that you found something that seems to be helping for you, and hopefully this disinterest in heavy drinking continues...it really makes life a ton better!

Off The Wall

Yes. I started at 14, i drank for just about everything. I refused to go to a party without drinking at least 4drinks first.. the day i turned 18 i had a sip and that was it i couldn't drink anymore it was kind of weird. And drinking never really made me too much more socialable it just made me feel like i was having a good time cause i was drunk.

Am able to drink now, but it just tastes crap. I use to love the taste of alcohol now it's just eww. which i am thankful for in a way but then not really cause i liked being drunk and thinking that i was having fun.

lixor

Ive been drinking my way out of social anxiety for seven years now...I mean drunk every day anytime....I drank socially once, that was my first time. Since then I've drank alone. I have not figured out how to enjoy the company of people, so I drink my worries away. It's absolutely horrible. I've always had a dog, so I confide in him. I love my dog, way more than I love people. I guess I haven't figured it out.....Bottom line, drinking is the worst way to deal with a persons inability to cope with people. I don't know what to say for the people who drink so they can handle partying?!!? I was never a partier due to the fact I really didn't want to be around people. I've never tried to be accepted, I guess instead I used alcohol as a way to cope with myself, by myself.