Afterward

001Common-Ostrich-BINNS-IMG_49.jpg

Last edited:

Goriot

I know this feeling well. It's almost like a comedown from the social anxiety.

I go for something as simple as a nice walk, and when I get back I feel some sort of strange, miserable reality hit me. It all feels very unrewarding.

I get the same tiredness too, and I look in the mirror and my face is all grey and bloodless. Stress?

dottie

i don't usually get a sinking feeling in my stomach after a social encounter (sometimes i do) but i always feel drained then hugely relieved to be alone again. the intensity of that drained sensation i experience varies on the situation or people i was around.

Supposedly, introverts are drained by social interaction, so maybe the "low" you feel is just the "drain". Perhaps a nap or a good night's sleep will recharge your batteries and allow space for a different perspective.

sleepysparrow1

I get this feeling too, it takes so much out of me, all the anxiety and panic and not knowing what to say or how to act, then when it's over I just feel so depressed and worthless. It's like all the energy that goes into stressing about the situation just drains me. I evaluate all the things that happened and all the things that were said and worry about what I should have changed about myself. Nothing I do is ever good enough, I just can't function socially.