after years of research... i took robinul for the first time today

Phantom

ive been doin A LOT of research on robinul and treatments for my truncal HH. since im starting school in less than a week, i finally took robinul today. i took it about 2-3 hours after breakfast. i took 1mg (one pill). i was feelin really nervous not knowin what will happen. i wasnt sure what side effects were gonna kick in. soooo, after 45-60mins later. i noticed i was dry. honestly, i dunno if i was not sweating because i was thinkin that the medicine was helping me and it was just all in my head OR the medication really is working? i felt great. no side effects when i took the first pill.

about 3-4 hours later i took another pill and felt the same. what was weird is that i took a nap an hour after i took the second pill. i remember feelin dry but.... i was havin a nightmare lol. like a nightmare in my dreams. i dunno if it was from the medication cuz i RARELY get nightmares. i remember wakin up wit a mild dry throat for a second and felt better after drinkin water.

im thinkin about takin 2 mg (2 tablets) tomorrow. or the day after. im drinkin alcohol today too after taking robinul earlier today. i hope it doesnt mess me up.

ill keep everyone updated every now and then and let yall know my experience wit robinul.

to everyone that has takin robinul... do yall still drink alcohol? is it safe?

and i also wanna know peoples experience wit robinul. especially those wit truncal hh or generalized hh. thank you

cm123

Alcohol will exacerbate the effects of dryness. You might at times feel so dry that you are literally gasping for water. Use with caution....

Jezza

I'm leaning more and more towards shipping in some of the stuff from overseas...Darn Dutch health car system...

In terms of being nervous about side effects...I wouldn't think too much about it, medications are tested so much these days, sometimes even too much I think...Tons of promising meds are being canned because maybe 1% of people get an adverse reaction in a trial, some of those could still help out a lot of people, but pharmaceutical companies can't afford to take a risk in today's environment. Glyco has been on the (US) market for decades now, and as far as anticholinergics go it's probably one of the safest ones out there (for instance because of the not or not readily passing the brain/blood barrier).

3 years ago, I refused to take a med prescribed to be by a neurologist for the HH...I was like, no way I'm going to this...Now, I've taken beta blockers, alpha blockers, oxybutynin, moxonidine, cyproheptadine and topamax (NOT in combination with one another obviously)...I'm still alive. Just don't take too much and be careful with alcohol and other meds, you should be fine...

bigchris

I take oxybutynin, my doctor wouldn't give me any robinul. I often take oxy before a party and sometimes drink 10+ cans and always been fine. It just gets me drunk quicker, and makes me less sweaty. I presume this is the same with robinul.

hyp-hi

I rarely drink alcohol, but as long as you don't drink a lot you should be ok. The main thing is that both will dehydrate you, so that's why they say you shouldn't take them together.