Afraid to post

plumbob

I noticed that there are alot of guests on this website compared to members. As of right now while i am writing there are 126 guests online compared to 13 members. I am guessing that ALOT of people have a hard time actually getting the nerves to sign up and post. Me I have a hard time posting as you can see from my small amount of posts, and It took me a couple of weeks to finally actually say something.
How about you guys, how long were you l;urked he site before stepping up?

Toad

I find it easier to IM people or talk in chat rooms (as long as there aren't that many people in them) actually...I think it's due to knowing not everyone will see what I put in there, and it won't be there forever.

In response to the original question it took me a couple of weeks to actually join and then another few days to actually post something. I still find myself typing up posts and just closing my internet browser instead of hitting submit though.

boodizm

Toad said:
I find it easier to IM people or talk in chat rooms (as long as there aren't that many people in them) actually...I think it's due to knowing not everyone will see what I put in there, and it won't be there forever.

I agree with you on this, sometimes there is stuff you would prefer to share with just one person or a small group and not anyone who cares to look and it does make me delete posts at times.
I was the opposite when it came to my first post as I was over the moon to find a place like this that I think I posted something like 3 or 4 times when I first logged on.

Septor

It took me couple of mouths to make my first post after I started lurking at this site.Even now I still have days where I find it hard to post but I still try and force my self to,even if I don't want to because over time it has gotten easier.

I still prefer IM though over message boards.

Faded

It isnt easy at the beggining, and currently, i can only reply to threads tht im sorta sure of in some way. and it takes me 15-30 mins to submit it.. Erase, re-type, read ... Previewing it constantly .. *breath* SUBMIT! AHHHHHHH! I did it! 8O

Dont Worrry, it needs some practice, and time. And its okay, U dont need to Worry about it alot .. Write watever you think is Safe, eventually you'll go further. Good Luck!!! =)

IceLad

Yep, I found it very hard to make my first post. It took me a few months to build up the courage to finally do it.

dmsg

I don't really feel anxious at all when it comes to talking online. Maybe it is because I have done it for 7 years 24/7 ;) But when it comes to talking in real life it is a whole different story. There are much more factors to consider like body language and tone of your voice. Even saying the simplests things makes me very anxious :/

I found this site about 2 months ago and I couldn’t get myself to post then. I forgot about the site until now and I feel much more comfortable posting. Can’t explain it. This is the only forum I post on right now.

jauggy

It could be that they have nothing to say and just want to read and get to know what this site has to offer.

jayfan

dmsg said:
I don't really feel anxious at all when it comes to talking online. Maybe it is because I have done it for 7 years 24/7 ;) But when it comes to talking in real life it is a whole different story. There are much more factors to consider like body language and tone of your voice. Even saying the simplests things makes me very anxious :/
same here. i post at many other forums besides this one and have no problem. i havent done it for 7 years - more like 4 and come across as a pretty normal person.

does anybody here have problems posting on "normal" forums ?

corsa

i don't really have a problem posting on any online forum, but sometimes i still blush when i'm doing it. :lol:

Mandy-Chan

I joined in 05, and my posts are close to nothing. I did a few posts when i joined, and then stopped. Then i just viewed everything without any posting for two years... and now i'm posting again :lol:

Caillou

I started looking at this site last year but only started posting recently. I really would like to contribute but I feel quite hesitant about it and I often regret writing on here. I only want to help others a much as I can but I find some people to be quite negative if the information doesn't suit them. Then what is the purpose of this board. Isn't part of the reason we have sa caused by criticism and negativity?

stormygrey

I'm afraid to post too. A lot of times. I prefer reading the forums. Because often when I post and look back on my post I feel really stupid. Sometimes, I really want to post a reply, cos I think I know what I want to say, but then fear almost always stops me. Like for example, I know a lot of posts that describe situations I am familiar with, but I can't get myself to post, even if its just to say, "yeah I know what you're talking about," kinda thing.

emmasma

I'm not quite so afraid to post as I am afraid to see what people have to say about my posts later. I get all nervous afterward. I'm not so good at responding, sorry about that to anyone who may have tried to IM me, It's still scary for me right now. This is the first place I have had online interaction with people. I've always been scared of chat rooms and stuff, I just don't know what to write (kinda like real life).
I always stay logged off unless I'm gonna post, so maybe alot of the "guests" are actually registered users like me, that are nervous about the IM thing?

sickofbeinglonely

I think I must be afraid to post! I joined last year and have posted very few times! Maybe some people are just more prolific but I rarely feel I have anything worthwhile to say.

This is the first time I've even logged in for ages!

aprilskies

i am always hesitant to post.

i end up editing over & over & a lot of the time end up just deleting the whole damn thing since it seems i have an impossible time trying to put my feelings into words :oops:

i am much more comfortable communicating via im's.

iamantisocial

There should be no reason to be afraid to post.

You are hiding behind a computer screen and youre typing on a keyboard.

You ever heard of so-called "keyboard warriors" in internet discussion forums who would troll and then challenge people to a fight. "Whats your adress huh?" "meet me at this place..." "You'll need 3 years of jujitsu and muai thai before you actually get a remote chance of kicking my ass!!!"

But after that tough talk, they are really afraid to put their words into actions.

lol. think about it.