Afraid of potential dates

dan_e

Just the thought of someone approaching me about a date frightens me. Especially when they do it in front of other people or when other people are involved.

faithnomore

Banned
I've had half chances, like say one girl (on her own) went crazy and was literally screaming at me for attention. I was well embarassed (she wasn't bad either) i couldn't believe it, and didn't believe it. Damn social anxiety. If i had another chance in the future, the same would probably happen. I dont trust strangers.

Peterpandaxo

im a female and boys always come up to me expressing their feelings to me. and ask me on dates but i dont have the courage to say yes. and when i do say yes our relationship is horrible because i cant control my anxiousness :(

Peterpandaxo

im a female and boys always come up to me expressing their feelings to me. and ask me on dates but i dont have the courage to say yes. and when i do say yes our relationship is horrible because i cant control my anxiousness :(

zootdroop

I have never been approached by a girl for a date (or anyone for that matter). While the thought scares me, I wish it would happen...cause I sure can't ask girls.

Shakey

Peterpandaxo said:

I had the same problem until recently. I got to know a guy as a friend first, and really liked him. When he finally asked me on a date, I knew I had to say yes, because I knew there was something different. First date was terrible for me, because of anxiety, but once I explained to him I was *much* better. It freaked him out at first, but he dealt with it, and 10 weeks later (longest relationship I've ever had), we're still together and doing well!

I guess what I'm saying is, do you think you could explain your anxiety to him? To be brave enough to say "you know, I'm *really* nervous about this - I don't date much" is an admirable thing, I think. And if he's not okay with it, was he worth it in the first place?!

Zarrix

If someone asked me, I would try and avoid them in public and all. However, I would still like it to happen someday :cry:

Atlantis

I never been asked for a date.... but I had some girls who where interested on me, they just didn't asked for a date.

Even weirder is that them were kind attractive I didn't imagine they would be attracted by me lol. Two of those girls studied with me at high school and they were like the hot girls of my class, at least some other students talked about them all the time.... another one was the girl from the clothing store, I found her really attractive... It was an enormous frustration when nothing happened.

I really hate this SA thing with all my energy... I know I had opportunities and it destroyed them all.

It was funny because I didn't imagined the possibility of they liking me but when that happened I discovered I coudn't respond back because and take the situation forward.

I even started to think that maybe different then what we think it is. I just don't want to solve it when I am 50 years old or even 40 or 35. I want to be able to enjoy my youth. If SA destroy that then life is really stupid... no reason to keep living it.